Looks remarkably like Mares?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those BC's have the Seapro name on them, ScubaL is the distributor much like Liesure Pro. Who knows, maybe Mares makes them for Seapro.

Other than generally the color scheme, I don't see much similarity at all between any of the models. Which ones were you specifically comparing?

Some folks have pointed out some similarities between the current ScubaL BCs and the ones being sold under the Sea Elite name, but I'm not so sure about that either.

All I know is that the ScubaL products have jumped by over 100% in price in the past couple years, putting them in the same price range as most top-brand BCs. Very disappointing.

In about 2006, you could buy a Triple-L/ScubaL BC for about $160. They were rather heavy, but the quality was great -- particularly for the price. Also sturdiness -- kind of like a T-62 tank. :D

We've got 4 Triple-L BCs in the family.

The one in the link I posted is without a doubt a Mares Kaila.
Check out some of the others...there's a Dragon AT as well.

I remember the Orion and Pegasus as well as some of the wings they offered....I wish they were still offering those bargain basement priced BC's

The one in the link I posted is without a doubt a Mares Kaila.

I still just don't see any similarity between the Phoebe and the Kaila here. Aside from the obvious inflator and knife grommet differences, the weight pocket handles and buckles are different. Backpack padding is way different. Lower d-ring placement is different. Contours of the side panels are different. Location of the chest strap is different.

Back
Top Bottom