Looks like good news for Boynton Marina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moneysavr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just reading the PBP and see that the Boynton Beach's comunity Redevelopment is buying most of the two Georges marina slips and the shop were Splashdown divers runs out of, If this is a done deal it will keep the area public and keep a bit of history and the public access, Im sure the dive boats will stay,fishing boats and so on!
GREAT JOB BOYNTON BEACH!
Now I just win the lottery and buy a place! Boynton beach is a great location in Florida and lots of folks dont even know it there!
Dive safe guys and gals!
Brad

I don't see any way to improve the shortage of parking in that area which has
actually been a deciding factor on some of my trips to not bother with that
canal. There's a big lot for the restaurant across the canal but I believe that is private as well, for restaurant only. Now tell me they're gonna clear the whole area for parking and I may get excited. But with the price of property I dont think parking
is a top prioity, in fact parking seems to be in pretty scarce supply making most of
these areas more of a chore than a pleasure to visit. I will however be there next month scrambling for parking, diving with loggerhead in April. Don't
get me wrong I've enjoyed some lunches at two georges but given the choice i'd take more parking, guess its hard to make everyone happy but we can always hope.

Hmm, funny, I just drop my stuff and park at the (closed) bank/office building just in front of the marina. No fighting for parking/space.

Sadly, public marina space in Palm Beach County is becoming a huge issue, as those on Singer Island and Riviera beach are in danger as well.

Well Parking,
Seems like they may have that worked out too! The owner of Two Georges has bought the lot south of the marina across Ocean Blvd, and they are giving him some parking in the high rise lot for I guess valet parking,
In 4 years of diving out of the marina I have not had any problem parking even thru the condo project- my trick I am up early! some of you Floridians stay up way to late and wake up late !
Weekend afternoon dives are hard but,,, I pull up drop and go park across the street!
Unlike some WPB dive opps up north were there is no parking.
I just think this is Great they saved the marina! Nothing like seeing Grandpa take his Grandson out on his first ocean drift dive! or a great group of dive boats,fishing charters and the cast and crew of the marina and I am talking a real group of Real folks! I am sure if pelicans could talk they would have some stories!
now I hope they just dont drive the opp's out with high rents!
Dive safe,
Brad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom