Looks like Frances is on the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReneeC:
I don't think we're out of the woods yet but I wish it would hurry up and get over! I'm going to have to restock the beer if it doesn't get here soon! LOL On the other hand I hope this gives everyone that little extra time to get ready. Be safe!

:lol:

DEEPSEAWOLF:
READY, AIM, FIRE!!!! DSW aims his new experimental anti-hurricane deflection device at Frances... Your name is FRANCES? :O
"The sonic resonator is working perfectly," he shouts. Suddenly a sputter comes from the device that looks like a giant Elmo doll strapped to a radar dish... NO! The Dilithium Crystals have fused Ta Gether! D*%^ it Jim! I'm a Doctor, not a meteorologist!
Hmm... need new batteries, too, it looks like. Anyone have a "c" cell?
Come on! Somebody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?
Hmm, I think I'll put it on my moon base Zappa and call it a "LASER".
AHA!!!
I'll duct tape two nine volt batteries and a river otter together! That should work as a power source! Oh yeeeeeeeeeah! He's a COLUMBIAN river otter!
We got this cane licked baby!!!
Prepare to downgrade it to a TS by Sunday afternoon!

*** Please note- This post was not intended to offend or degrade any individual, group, or ethnic unit. Although the otter bears a striking resemblace to a certain presidential candidate who also hung out in riv...
WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED THREAD>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:rofl:

What a good way to start off the day! Well, that and beer-n-cornflakes!

Current Track and information is good news and bad news A significantly weaker storm (15-20mph in winds makes a big difference) but its slowed down. Good thing we're all divers here.. thats how we're going to commute to work or jobs for a few weeks :wink:

And for anyone wondering, here comes IVAN

Well i just arrived into work to find that they are officially closed today! Didnt get the email yesterday as i left early to get a few more supplies and pick up all the loose stuff in the yard. So it looks like today i will going home and reading - wish i could be diving (but traffic going anywhere reasonable isnt that great still), and judging by the slow speed of this storm it might be a late start on monday morning to go to the springs to finish up the cavern course (which we started after Charley went through - talk about a "whirlwind course" - rimshot). To think, this thing isnt going to get here for another day or so anyway.

Ivan is aiming right for the peninsula - they call it a 3-way punch, left, right and straight down the middle! We will have run out of letters by the end of sept at this rate - do they then move into next years letters or just make up some new ones????

Well... if we get to the end of the named storms... we will have Walter :D to contend with...somehow, that's funny.
(love ya Walter!)

Just checked the pressure maps and that nice front that stalled over GA, now seems to be moving east - this front was what was pushing the models west and now it seems to be springing the tracks from the models back up more northward - in fact the current track is on the most southerly model line - all the rest are showing it heading up towards Orlando then Lake City kind of area - maybe it will head more up 95 without this major influence pushing it west anymore??? I love this armchair meteorology stuff. Still dont really know which side of the storm (or in fact if we are dead centre) quite yet. I hope the power keeps up enough that i can still watch the box, but at this speed we might start feeling it around saturday evening and not stop until sunday noon or mid-afternoon - soon see.

Avast there me arties! Tha rum runnin's been good so far! Thar be a starm a brewin off yer windward side! Batten down the hatches cuz we're in fer a rough ride! The maelstrom bears upon us with a foul tide! Lash yerselves to the yardarm and pray ta yer sarces that ye not be meetin yer maker far this one! Luck be ta all a ya and God speed be ta yer craft in the moorin's. Me thinks we have a theme far the Halloween party! That is, if tha springs still be standin come the next moon's turnin. Ar if I me self be standin a'er the blow be strikin. Luck be ta all a ya, mates. Cap'n says we're pullin outta port in the morn if the air still be foul to the starboard stanchions.

I can see you diving with a peg leg right now Ken! :wink:

NOAA is now calling for Frances to hit Florida with 100-knot winds on Saturday
night, per the three-day track.

Frances has weakened, but it will have to cross the Gulf
Stream, and the warm waters there may re-strengthen the
hurricane.

National Hurricane Center

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom