Looking to go Shark Tooth Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Lover

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I am flying down to Venice Florida from NJ on April 16th leaving on the 19th. I was looking to go shark tooth diving.I am visiting my parents who live in Venice Beach. My fiance is staying home. I need a buddy. I contacted Florida West Scuba School for their Shark tooth boat dive but have been told they are booked on the 17th and 18th. Does anyone know somewhere else I can go for this or if someone wants to do a shore dive with me. I am very new to diving . I private messaged with Walter before but haven't heard from him ..I guess he's busy so if anyone else is interested that would be great. Otherwise I wont bother lugging my gear down.Hope to hear from you.
Thanks,
Colleen :mermaid:

What's a shark tooth dive? Is there a place ya'll go where there's an abundance of teeth??

Here in Charleston, we have the Cooper River which is famous for it's shark tooth fossils. It's a blackwater dive though, very low vis and no light.

Hi Walter,
Thanks for getting back to me. I didnt want to bother you , I know you are very busy. Is Friday the 17th or sat 18th better? I only have a 1.5m wetsuit do I need to rent something heavier? Need to rent a tank and weights, should I get them from Florida West or somewhere else? Talk to you soon.
Colleen

Walter:
Lug your gear down, I have been busy, but I have you in my calendar for Venice Beach that weekend.
:mermaid:

Friday is the 16th. It's usually mid 70's by mid April.

mtiffee,

Venice Beach is well known for its fossils, especially sharks teeth. Visibility varies from black water (rare) to 30 ft (also rare), with an average of 2 - 6 ft.

Manatee Lover:
Hi Walter,
Thanks for getting back to me. I didnt want to bother you , I know you are very busy. Is Friday the 17th or sat 18th better? I only have a 1.5m wetsuit do I need to rent something heavier? Need to rent a tank and weights, should I get them from Florida West or somewhere else? Talk to you soon.
Colleen

:mermaid:
OK, Walter your right. SO saturday 17th or sunday 18th? Just want to make plans with my family. Either day is great with me. Thanks :palmtree: :scubadive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom