looking to do a 2 island dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beechdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I m looking to do 2 islands maybe 5 days on one then take a fwrry or puddle jumper and do 5 days on another ,Maybe dominica/st lucia or Utila/roatan or something like this

Any suggestions?

Grand Cayman - Little Cayman
Provo - Grand Turk

(St. Vincent - Bequia there is a ferry so you don't have to worry about flying after diving or weight of bags for inter-island flight.)

Little Cayman - Cayman Brac

How about one island and one mainland spot, Cozumel and Playa del Carmen? Like St. Vincent/Bequia, take the ferry and avoid the flying after diving issue.

I've already done grand turk, did saba this spring,did coz and playa.a couple years ago

Loved them all.

How does St. Vincent and Bequia compare to what I've done? Sounds interesting

Havent done any of the caymens yet but thats a possibility also.

I've only done Grand Turk of the places you've been so I don't know how St Vincent/Bequia compares to most of them but they would certainly be different from Grand Turk. Not a whole lot of people have gone there compared to the common destinations but if you search here you will find some reports from myself and a few other people, I don't want to repeat everything. Basically you don't see much big stuff in St Vincent, but lots of cool small stuff including seahorses and frogfish. As far as above water, Bequia might be my favorite island of anyplace so far.

Another combo you could do is 2 different spots in Belize, since there's a number of fairly distinct dive areas - Ambergris, various atolls, southern Belize, and there's several liveaboards. Also jungle lodge type places if you're interested in giving up some diving days for jungle/ruins/rafting/animal type activities.

Little Cayman - Cayman Brac

Did our first ocean dive in Bequia. It was beautiful!! We were relatively shallow at 35-60' and saw lots of critters including a couple sea horses near Moon Rock. There are some good restaurants there as well. Gotta try the lobster pizza. It's the best pizza I've ever had. Never made it to St. Vincent but it sounds like a beautiful island.

Cayman Brac and Little Cayman diving is certainly great, ranking up there with the best diving in the Caribbean. Just not as much to do topside.

For comparison, I really enjoy Coz diving, found Playa diving boring, and enjoyed Grand Turk diving but less so than Coz.

I'm prejudice, I live here, but without a doubt, Curacao/Bonaire. You can get a direct flight from Miami to Curacao daily and then hop on over to Bonaire (12 - 20 minute flight depending type of aircraft/airline...Do your boat diving on Curacao and your shore diving on Bonaire...you will love it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom