looking to do a 2 island dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We did Utila-Roatan. We took the ferries over to Roatan because I don't like the little planes. Nothing is direct--we took the ferry to La Ceiba from Utila and then a second ferry to Roatan. Took a whole day to do it. We actually didn't care for Roatan (we were in West End Beach area--or West Bay Beach--I can't totally remember what it's called), and wished we would have done the whole trip in Utila. We had a very weird hotel owner and not great experience with trying to eat--we were off season and nothing was open in our village--we had to go to west end, which was an adventure trying to get back late at night. Anyway, Utila to Roatan CAN be done! We did some neat dives with the dive ops through these coral tubes and popped out at 122'--that was a memorable dive in Roatan.

oceancat:
We did Utila-Roatan. We took the ferries over to Roatan because I don't like the little planes. Nothing is direct--we took the ferry to La Ceiba from Utila and then a second ferry to Roatan. Took a whole day to do it. We actually didn't care for Roatan (we were in West End Beach area--or West Bay Beach--I can't totally remember what it's called), and wished we would have done the whole trip in Utila. We had a very weird hotel owner and not great experience with trying to eat--we were off season and nothing was open in our village--we had to go to west end, which was an adventure trying to get back late at night. Anyway, Utila to Roatan CAN be done! We did some neat dives with the dive ops through these coral tubes and popped out at 122'--that was a memorable dive in Roatan.

Did you not enjoy Roatan for the diving or just cuz you had a crazy hotel owner & lack of food? We'll be diving the North shore at Cocoview in about 3 weeks, so I'm a little curious & now a little scared.

I can tell you my experience in Roatan was amazing. We stayed and dived at Cocoview and it was one of my best dive trips. We also dove Bonaire which was great, but cocoview had such a great homelike feeling only with fantastic diving right out your front door. It souds like where he was staying was not great. Don't worry you will have a great time at cocoview, we are going back in January and are thinking about staying for 2 weeks....

ScubaCatgirl:
Did you not enjoy Roatan for the diving or just cuz you had a crazy hotel owner & lack of food? We'll be diving the North shore at Cocoview in about 3 weeks, so I'm a little curious & now a little scared.

Don't be scared!!! We dove Roatan(Anthony's Key) in April and it was fantastic. I have heard great things about Cocoview as well. Enjoy! NO WORRIES!!!!!!

St. Vincent and Bequia are definitely worth doing. Went last year to St Vincent - dove with Bill Tewes - I was the only diver on the whole Island I think for 3 of 4 days. Reefs are in great shape and you see lots of different small things - you can get to Bequia easily by ferry )about 45 minutes and lots of diving there too (though I didn't dive there).

How about something not mentioned like Maui and the Big Island of Hawaii. You could dive with Mantas on the Big Island and dive some lava tubes....then go to Maui and check out Molokini Crater for a couple of days plus other dives.

Back
Top Bottom