Looking to buy a camera.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ItsMandy227:
I'm pretty new to the diving thing and I'm very interested in purchasing a pretty inexpensive camera. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I would recommend getting a little more diving experience first. If you are "pretty new", the task loading of adding in a camera may be more than you're ready for.

Mandy, after the debacle with teh sealife camera, i was offered a camera by Diveswithturtles, its pretty basic but has many of the initial things you need, i can ask him to email you if you like with details etc. Also we were just given another camera by a friend who no longer dives (and found out were do now), its old, very basic, but it would be free to just start plugging away with.

Let me know if you are interested in either. We are sticking with the sealife basic point and shoot thing (the other two are pretty much that too) - i will try to find the models names, the spare we now have is at my GF's place.

Simon

I bought one of these (SnapSights) to play with until I was ready a) for the incremental task loading while diving -- and b) to spend serious bucks to get a real camera.

It works pretty well -- these too have been discussed on prior threads (where I learned about them). Have fun and dive safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom