Looking To Become A Recovery Diver Or Rescue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TOM-1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can anyone help in this!! Are there any agencies for this!
I live in canada ont

Tom

Yes. There are probably 3 major training agencies that offer credible PSD training - LGS, DRI and ERDI. You usually have to be asociated with a team already to get the proper course.

Do a search of this forum as this question comes up nearly every week and its been answered many times. If you have more specific questions I'm sure we could help you out

Im not sure but I think in canada you have to become a PO or coast guard or navy. I think up here in the cold we only have those 3 choices. Not sure, I have been wrong before.
Cheers chris

TOM-1:

I commend you for wanting to accept the challenge of PSD. Two things, one of which is the most critical. You really need to investigate your area and determine where and who you would be diving for. I do not know the Canadian systems, but you would most likely have to be associated with an FD or a PD in order to do this work. If they only have paid roles, then it may be a moot issue unless you can get hired. If there is a volunteer team or reserve personnel, then it might open the door for you to participate.

Also, just do a search in the PSD site. This has been discussed in the past and there are some Excellent posts regarding the mental aspect of PSD. That is a key ingredient to doing the work. I suggest you find and read those posts as it makes the work very vivid.

Good luck and do not take these comments as though you cannot do it. You just need to find the proper avenue to allow you to funnel your desire.

Dive safe!

Dan

We have a volunteer firedepartment in town..And i have but my name on the list..

thats Step-1 STEP-2 was to find a training agencie around me! lol iam still on step 2
But iam taking rescue in june (scuba rescue)

Its unlikely that you'll find an agency "nearby". The usual method is to organize your own course and bring the instructors to you. The other way would be to travel to an area where someone is hosting a course. Both DRI and LGS have on-line calendars of the courses that are open and where

Back
Top Bottom