Looking into buying a HID light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not know where to buy it in your country, but you can buy it here:

www.hid-tec.de

Greetings, Michael

scubatoys:
And if you might be interested in a Hand Held... I've got coming - some 21 watt rechargable hand held that are about the size of a 4 D cell light - over 2 hours burn time - and they'll be about $299... Pretty cool for hand held.

Larry, any update on these?

Highly tempting. My questions are when will the 24w be available and how do you get both reflectors? I hope Larry will be carrying them like he had hoped.

Hi,

the lights are available since beginning of last November. If Larry does not have them, then he has not ordered them. I sell them in Germany for nearly 4 months now.

Greetings, Michael

Rick Inman:
BTW, Barry's lights (Salvo) use the "indestructible" Brightstar bulb also. I'm told you can bang it, hot strike it, turn it on and right off... whatever. It has a little yellower look to it.

My 21w cost a little more than $299.00, though....

In US I heard the Salvo light 21/24W light, then when I am travelling in Asia, I found this Darkbuster and I chatted with the LDS, it's the OEM thing. Remember the Salvo light used to be $300. If you look at the handle and everything, it's the same. The light is owned by a TW company (as some of you are using WA or BS HID bulbs, this is the BrightStar company) and the light is made in China. The reason why it cannot be sold in US is because Salvo is the wholeseller in US. The retail price in Asia is still around $300.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom