• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Looking for Tech Training

Discussion in 'Technical Diving' started by ChuckP, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Doppler

Doppler Dive Equipment Manufacturer

Kelvin in Tulum, Roger (mentioned above and now living very close to Cenote Taj Majal (Yucatan), Lanny Vogel (underworld Tulum)... the list in Mexico is very long.

In your current area, Rick Kruzel.

2. gentlegrunt

gentlegrunt Registered

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Wondering what unit you are getting into

3. scubadada

scubadada Diver Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    @ChuckP is in Cozumel and can tell you what he did, 2 years later

4. ChuckP

ChuckP Contributor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I ended up going to Florida on my way to Cozumel - I spent three weeks with John Chatterton taking advanced wreck thru tri mix one. I dove a few times before class with them while they were teaching other classes and in between classes.

I didn’t know all the detail of his background and didn’t really care honestly - I wanted to learn in a way that seemed to match his teaching style. John very bluntly tells you right away that he’s not an instructor for everyone.

I was very happy with the class, highly recommended for the right people.

5. gentlegrunt

gentlegrunt Registered

I did my adv nitrox and deco with him too! Just wondering if you finally gtt into CCR. If so, what unit did you get trained on.

6. ChuckP

ChuckP Contributor

I just re read that newer post - I’m thinking that person was looking for re breather info - if so, in the rebreather thread, there’s a couple newer posts about choices of rebreathers - read they those.

I’m in rebreather search mode too......

7. ChuckP

ChuckP Contributor

I have not yet but trying to narrow it down - I wish Alec taught something other than Revo, I’d go hang out with them for a few weeks.

I really like the Liberty but I’m just not sure. There’s not a lot of rebreather divers here, virtually none and I’m still not interested in caves so I’m looking for open ocean wreck type diving rebreather. There’s a guy on here that teaches many units, I may beg him to go dive with him a few days and see some stuff firsthand.

8. gentlegrunt

gentlegrunt Registered

I am actually looking between revo and kiss sidewinder... and alec would be my instructor if i went with revo. I guess that's how small the tech dive world is in south FL lol. I really like how revo's design is. People complain about the flood intolerance on revo but I don't see why it is such big of a deaI as a lot of units cannot drain either.

9. ChuckP

ChuckP Contributor

If you go the Kiss route, James and maybe even Melissa at Hidden Worlds teach on and sell Kiss. Great comments about both those two - James teaches another brand too and Melissa teaches Liberty sidemount.

10. kensuf

kensuf Cave Instructor

Her name is Marissa, not Melissa.

Jack Hammer and ChuckP like this.