Looking for Tech Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kelvin in Tulum, Roger (mentioned above and now living very close to Cenote Taj Majal (Yucatan), Lanny Vogel (underworld Tulum)... the list in Mexico is very long.

In your current area, Rick Kruzel.

For once I 100% agree with Kev. Kelvin is the absolute way to go. I've known Kelvin 5 or 6 years now and will continue to do so. I met Kelvin when he did some guided cave dives with my wife and I. My wife and I are very conservative, heavily safety minded, and are not goal oriented divers. We were impressed at how much Kelvin embodies that same philosophy. He is extremely safe, well rounded, and has an ability to teach in a manner that is easy to understand and effective. He's got more dives under his belt than most of his local counterparts. He's also very much an instructor's instructor, meaning he's the guy people in his area go to in order to become instructors or advance their instructing. While he is a GUE instructor and upholds most GUE standards in his regular diving, he is not 100% GUE. He can teach most any course for the major agencies such as IANTD and TDI. The mechanics and adherence to precise skills of the GUE mentality are part of all of his courses no matter the agency your card comes from.

I live 2 hours from florida's cave country, but I travel to mexico to take courses with Kelvin. We're moving into rebreathers in December and Kelvin will be his instructor.

There are many great instructors you'll get recommended. There's also many recommendations you may get for people who actually suck. Kelvin will absolutely make you a safe, competent diver. It's a decision you would not regret.

Wondering what unit you are getting into

I ended up going to Florida on my way to Cozumel - I spent three weeks with John Chatterton taking advanced wreck thru tri mix one. I dove a few times before class with them while they were teaching other classes and in between classes.

I didn’t know all the detail of his background and didn’t really care honestly - I wanted to learn in a way that seemed to match his teaching style. John very bluntly tells you right away that he’s not an instructor for everyone.

I was very happy with the class, highly recommended for the right people.

I ended up going to Florida on my way to Cozumel - I spent three weeks with John Chatterton taking advanced wreck thru tri mix one. I dove a few times before class with them while they were teaching other classes and in between classes.

I didn’t know all the detail of his background and didn’t really care honestly - I wanted to learn in a way that seemed to match his teaching style. John very bluntly tells you right away that he’s not an instructor for everyone.

I was very happy with the class, highly recommended for the right people.

I did my adv nitrox and deco with him too! Just wondering if you finally gtt into CCR. If so, what unit did you get trained on.

I just re read that newer post - I’m thinking that person was looking for re breather info - if so, in the rebreather thread, there’s a couple newer posts about choices of rebreathers - read they those.

I’m in rebreather search mode too......

I did my adv nitrox and deco with him too! Just wondering if you finally gtt into CCR. If so, what unit did you get trained on.

I have not yet but trying to narrow it down - I wish Alec taught something other than Revo, I’d go hang out with them for a few weeks.

I really like the Liberty but I’m just not sure. There’s not a lot of rebreather divers here, virtually none and I’m still not interested in caves so I’m looking for open ocean wreck type diving rebreather. There’s a guy on here that teaches many units, I may beg him to go dive with him a few days and see some stuff firsthand.

I have not yet but trying to narrow it down - I wish Alec taught something other than Revo, I’d go hang out with them for a few weeks.

I really like the Liberty but I’m just not sure. There’s not a lot of rebreather divers here, virtually none and I’m still not interested in caves so I’m looking for open ocean wreck type diving rebreather. There’s a guy on here that teaches many units, I may beg him to go dive with him a few days and see some stuff firsthand.

I am actually looking between revo and kiss sidewinder... and alec would be my instructor if i went with revo. I guess that's how small the tech dive world is in south FL lol. I really like how revo's design is. People complain about the flood intolerance on revo but I don't see why it is such big of a deaI as a lot of units cannot drain either.

I am actually looking between revo and kiss sidewinder... and alec would be my instructor if i went with revo. I guess that's how small the tech dive world is in south FL lol. I really like how revo's design is. People complain about the flood intolerance on revo but I don't see why it is such big of a deaI as a lot of units cannot drain either.

If you go the Kiss route, James and maybe even Melissa at Hidden Worlds teach on and sell Kiss. Great comments about both those two - James teaches another brand too and Melissa teaches Liberty sidemount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom