Looking for stiff, negative fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It might be easier to just accept that you're going to get a little air in your feet and stick with the more negative fins. Easier than having to straighten out your legs and go head up periodically just to get the air back out.

The F1s, no one I know takes them when they fly. Popular fin but far too heavy for travel. It's always good to have effective alternatives that save excess baggage.

Beaver fins are heavy real rubber fins and great sizes and cheap
and not long, and quite strong, and they're one of the fins I use

full.jpg

for the completely unnecessary resistance to my finning with weight

Beaver

I have been using Zeagle Recon fins at work for about a year now and I like them. They are heavy stiff rubber fins that are a little larger than jet fins and non vented. They are pretty fast and very rugged and come with spring straps.

recon%20jet-XL.jpg

I have been using Zeagle Recon fins at work for about a year now and I like them. They are heavy stiff rubber fins that are a little larger than jet fins and non vented. They are pretty fast and very rugged and come with spring straps.

View attachment 586912

Interesting. I never really looked into the Recons before. I wonder how they compare to the Hollis F1.

I use Deep6 Eddy when diving in a wetsuit or less. I use Dive Rite XT fins when diving dry. Exactly for the reason you're asking about. The Dive Rites are powerful and built to last.

I think they only come in Black and Red now days. Mine are Grey.

XT-Fins-Black_ES500_Front-View-1024x1024.jpg

I took the XT's to Cozumel and Roatan before I got the Eddy fins. Now I would not bother with the diverite fins because I won't be diving in a drysuit while in the carribean.

Interesting. I never really looked into the Recons before. I wonder how they compare to the Hollis F1.
I am not sure as I have never tried the hollis F1's, but the Recons have worked well for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom