Looking for South Florida dive sites variety (wrecks, reefs, sharks, etc)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a great plan you have and some great advice from some well trusted posters. I will confirm that Jupiter diving should not be missed. It is my favorite place in Florida. NOTEWORTHY: I noticed just yesterday that the goliath groupers seem to be gathering a little early on the wrecks in Jupiter. The annual aggregation of goliaths from late August through early October simply cannot me missed. By September, the bait ball frenzy arrives and the goliaths are just covered with them. We had bait covering us and jacks bouncing off our heads trying to eat them. It didn't hurt, it just felt a little weird.

---------- Post added July 4th, 2013 at 02:02 PM ---------

We also did some interesting sites in Marathon that were deep for spearfishing. Outside of the marine park is a sloping reef that dips to over 100 feet to the east. We were on a private boat but you might be able to get a 6-pack to take you there. We saw lots of large snappers and grouper. I was nailing lionfish and turned to see a hammerhead sniffing my bag of fish.

The Princess Anne wreck in West Palm Beach is another of my favorites. It can hold some large fish and sharks.

Great info but do you guys realize the question was from 2011?

LOL!! Thanks for the update. Ha Ha!! But the Princess Anne is still a great dive and the goliaths are arriving early ;-)

In Deerfield Florida Dixie Diver { lady Go Diver } . They post a calendar . In Jupiter Florida there is the Emerald Capt. Randy / owner does a 3 tank dive . He goes deep most of the time . :snorkel2:

ha. well our advice still holds!

Guys, just randomly stopped by and realized you guys bumped my thread from 2011! Lol. And it looks like the advice being given out now is what I need a few years ago. Hey, better late than never right?

Still need to get to Jupiter. I think I just ended up doing the Keys reefs (which is what I was trying to avoid) on that trip but if I remember correctly (it was 2 years ago) weather impacted my dives a bit towards the end.

Well, at least I have good info for my next trip to South Florida!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom