Looking for some opinions....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquabot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
If you had to choose between the OMS bottom timer and the Hollis DGO2 which would you pick? My main interest is in the bottom timer functions and not so much the computer side of things. Thank in advance :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Neither. Look for something with a better display, preferably OLED.

Neither. Look for something with a better display, preferably OLED.

Im actually waiting for the XDeep computer to come out and to read some reviews. These will mostly just be a back up or should I just get two XDeep?

OLED is great but if that is out of your price range look on ebay for a uwatec BT. Their bullet proof!

That's what I've read here on SB but wasn't able to yield any results on eBay.

I agree with rongoodman. I have the DG02 and have used it as a bottom timer. The display is a little small for my getting older eyes. I bought it for quick use as a BT on a recent class because I didn't want to use my Cobra as a BT. It will prolly become a companion computer to any future love interests who want to learn scuba at a later date since it also does nitrox. My GP4000 will become a dedicated BT once I buy either a Petrel or X-Deep unit here soon. B.

OK, thanks for all of your replies :)

If you had to choose between the OMS bottom timer and the Hollis DGO2 which would you pick? My main interest is in the bottom timer functions and not so much the computer side of things. Thank in advance :)

The Hollis DG02 providing you get could one at a reasonable price at least you also have a fully functioning back up computer should the need arise. DGX have the DG03 for a pretty good price at the moment.

DG03 Dive Computer and Digital Gauge by Hollis Gear - Dive Gear Express

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom