Looking for some opinions of Instructors and Tech divers please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello! Im hoping I could ask the instructors/tech divers in this group about something,
Im doing a project and my topic asks, is scuba diving at 100 feet any more dangerous/risky than diving at 60 feet? (OW max depth and AOW max depth)
I would love if you are an instructor or tech dive(or whatever) and could chime in with what your stance on this is, and part take in my project. Please leave your cert and your cert number. I dont have to quote you if like, or I can, whatever you prefer. I would just like to hear what your stance on this.
Thanks for taking part!
No. Captain, PADI MSDT with 6000 dives, 200 of them to deeper than 300 feet. Still no.

Where I dive (Vancouver Island Canada) it gets dark very quickly below 30ft. It's about the same at 60ft or 100ft, but new divers can get "spooked" when it's dark and visibility is poor.

In that case, 60ft is probably a somewhat safer depth simply because your NDL at 60 is a lot longer than at 100, and your air will last longer. Depending on the person, perceived narcosis will be greater at 100ft as well.

On most of our walls etc. there isn't much to see at 100 that you can't see at 60. There are exceptions, but they tend to be site specific.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom