Looking for some ideas......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaFlea

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I wanted to ask and see if anyone could help me fabricate or tell me where to buy a piece of gear. I have a safety sausage I would like to carry when boat diving but can't decide the best way to carry and secure it. I guess the problem is its size, when rolled up it measures about 8" by 3". It has a overinflation/dump valve that adds to its size. I think I want to enclose it in a cylinder and hang it from my tank band with a clip. I envision a press-on cap on the cylinder, the cap is the attachment point, deployment is done by pulling the cylinder body from the cap and removing the SS. The length of the attachment clips and hardware should be as such to allow the body of the cylinder to be reached by your hand.

Let me say that I've decided against other places on my BC to attach the SS such as the lower edges and straps. I don't want it dangling on my waist or cluttering my chest area. I cross clip my gauge console to a D ring on my right BC strap and thats seems enough. I feel that attaching to my lower leg is not a good idea as I don't want any restrictive straps on my limbs that might restrict normal blood flow, an off-gassing concern???

So the tank band seems like a good idea. Out of the way, but accessable. I just can't seem to find the cylinder/cap ready made or decide what to make it out of. Chked Home depot and 2" PVC pipe is too small and 4" too big.

Does anyone have any thoughts that might work? Thanks very much.

SeaFlea:
Greetings all,

...problem with stowing real snipped.....

Hi Flea,

One idea might be to buy an after-market pocket for stowing it in. There are a few shown on the Diverite website. Maybe the thigh pocket is what you're looking for.

Another thing that a lot of divers around here do to stow liftbags is to put two bungies around the tank and stow the liftbag on the tank. That might work for you because you typically only use the dsmb at the end of a dive but keep in mind that restowing it again can be a pain if you do that.

R..

Diver0001:
Hi Flea,

One idea might be to buy an after-market pocket for stowing it in. There are a few shown on the Diverite website. Maybe the thigh pocket is what you're looking for.

Another thing that a lot of divers around here do to stow liftbags is to put two bungies around the tank and stow the liftbag on the tank. That might work for you because you typically only use the dsmb at the end of a dive but keep in mind that restowing it again can be a pain if you do that.

R..

Speaking of Diverite, they make something specifically for this. It's called a Quickdraw Sleeve. Safety sausage fits perfectly, even large ones. It's mesh on one side to let water through and it comes with 2 attachment rings. Use a couple of zip ties and you can mount it anywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom