Looking for some help !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeandiver

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
OK , someone (myself) got layed off from her job late last week.
I am scrambling to find another computer job around here...

I was wondering if anyone would want a room-mate (or something like that) for the Month of August. I do my job searching on the Net and I already have a couple of hits...

I can pay rent *AND* I will throw in my 2 aluminum 80's too for free !
(I don't use them anymore since I dive my two sets of doubles pretty much all the time!!!)

If nothing happens job wise by the end of the month , I might have to HEAD BACK up to Minnesota , which I DON'T WANT TO DO ...

Hey , thanks for being a great group of dive buddies !!!
You Conchs are great people !!!

Jean

P.S. If anyone knows of any Mainframe Computer openings , LET ME KNOW !!! :D

Computer industry is tough. I had to get out of it altogether because I just got tired of getting laid off :\ My girlfriend is in the same boat right now looking for something in marketing. Best of luck with the search.

hell i moved from los angeles because it was so terrible out west. took me 2 weeks to find a job here in miami. of course i ate drank and slept job search. out there there are so many techs who are destitute. theyre all really REALLY nice because theyre just happy to have a job. if you arent one of the best you wont get ANYTHING. add in 2 hr commutes (one way) add in tons of outsourcing putting ridiculous downward pressure on wages add in rising rents due to the realestate bonanza add in the rising cost of all utilities and groceries and you have a recipe for a mass exodus from socal.

its funny theres still lots of people moving there all the time and the word of mouth hasnt progressed to the point to stop the flow. to my girlfriend and i south florida is a huge breath of fresh air. sure the people are somewhat more rude and theres some crazier drivers but all in all its just AWESOME.

many of our friends are moving to nevada or arizona or oregon and im told others are moving to utah but i wanted a place where i could dive and was tropical so it was hawaii (just as expensive as california) or florida.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom