looking for some EXPERT advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mizzia

Reaction score
i want to buy myself a complete set or equipment. As for a regulator i think ive chosen the apeks 200, but i have no idea on what to choose. Im and AOW and planning on taking stress and rescue next. Can anyone give me some tips....

well, if your talking about brands, i could say that most bc's are from mares, but u can find just about anything i think. UWATEC computers are quite impressive, then again there are many brands. SUUNTO are good aswell. ive got to say that mares is most popular i think.. Aqualung is increasing in popularity aswell

Read magazine reviews, manufacturers product literature, do a search in this forum for gear reviews and discussion, talk to different divers and shops. Ask questions. This way you will learn of the choices available.

You will find that all gear has pro's and con's. Based on the type of diving you plan on doing choose good quality and you can't go wrong. If you do not inform yourself of the choices avilable you may then soon find yourself wanting something else you did'nt know about. Something you obviously want to avoid.

One more thing, once you narrow down your choices, if at all possible try it. Keep in mind that it takes time to get used to some gear, ei. fins. What feels the easiest to use at first may not be the best for you once you get accustomed and learn how to properly use it.

I'm also in the middle of assembling my kit. Since most of the questions I had have been discussed time and time again on the boards, I found it really useful to just search on keywords.

For instance, you want to know about the apeks atx200. Perform a search on that, and I guarantee you will find PLENTY of relevant threads, from thorough run-downs of the apeks line, to comparisons between apeks and other brands, to reports from the field from folks who just dove their new atx200, etc.

Good luck!

What Bob3 said.
If you can't get repairs/parts/adjustments/warranty satisfaction locally - it's no good to you!
Norm

Choosing the right equipment is a critical component of diving safe and enjoying it. Check out the GUE's website on choosing your gear as they approach it in the "Doing It Right" concept.

Their website is www.gue.com. Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom