Looking For Snow over Christmas (Trade)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Becky: I have three boys (all older teenagers now) and I have snow pants, snow boots, gloves and polypro shirts out the wazoo. If you would like to borrow a couple of sets of snow outfits for your kids, you are more than welcome to the outfits. I live 75 miles west of Columbus. I also have snowboards and ice skates that they can borrow also if we get snow.

:banana: Thank you!!!!! Do you have little wee pee clothes my kids might be 10 and 8 but they look like little bean poles :shakehead: They wear size boys 7 and 8 pants and med T shirts which would be about a size 8 in boys shirts. They are in kids size 2 and 3 shoes. Do you have anything that would fit them. I am even willing to rent some clothes for our stay, I will also have them cleaned for you so they will be ready for your storage box once again. Thank you for your wonderful offer.
Becky

I am staying in a town called Kingston. Is that close to you? Not that it matters if you have clothes for my boys I am willing to drive wherever you are.

I'm gonna throw one at you. I would suggest Tupper Lake NY. It's not where I live, so I won't claim a weeks stay in the Keys) They recently built a nature center there and have lots of tourist for skiing and other winter outside events.

I would suggest a flight to Syracuse NY, rent a car and take the 4 hour drive up. It is a great trip through the Adirondack State Park. And it is all major highways. Of course you could just as easily stay in Syracuse and take day trips anywhere you like. But I can not gaurrantee snow. At least in Tupper (the higher elevation) you would have a better chance.

Chamber of Commerce for the Town and Village of Tupper Lake

Take a look and let me know what you think.

It looks like you found a destination. But I am gonna leave the post here to look at.

I live in New York my vote would be Colorado or Utah if they are to pricey i would go with Lake Placid NY the site of the olympics there is a lot of things to do their and you can use the facility to Luge, bobsleigh, skate ,ski, same place as the actual olympics i beleive that would be a cool get away

Thanks for the suggestions but I have my flights booked for Columbus Ohio already.
I have lodging also their. Now I am working on places to go and things while we are there. I have the zoo that we will be going to with 2 mill. lights and Santa, The football and hockey place and also we will be going to see the Presidents planes.
We have been offered if it's not to cold mountain climbing by a instructor here on SB who gives lessons to 3yrd olds and up so I should do well with the wee pees. There is also a ice skating rink close by so I am sure will be trying that. We also plan on hitting the ski slopes one of the days we are there to do some tubing and whatever else we can do without breaking our bones.:rofl3:
If there is anything that I am missing that is a must see while we are there please let me know.
Thanks
Becky

Ohio Caverns are a staple for elementary school field trips in Ohio and really cool! One of the Piatt Castles "Mac-a-Cheek" is open for tours that time of year as well. That's not too far from the Ohio Caverns.

Ohio Travel Guide Ohio Tourist Attractions Ohio Tourism Information Ohio Vacation Resources might provide you with some ideas as well :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Oh yes I can't wait to see the caverns myself :D I have been writing down all the places everyone has told me about and I have been google searching them out so that I can find them. Thank God you don't get charged by the mile on rental cars, by the time I get finished with it you could get a good deal because the miles are going to rack up on mine:)
Thank you for all your help this is going to be one fantastic holiday for the kids this year and I am looking forward to it also.
If I can bring anyone something from the Keys let me know and I will pack it in my suit case for you.
Becky

That would mean NO SNOW:11:
tounge.gif
We need snow:sleigh::laughsnow:

PS: Had to change the snowman, santa's deer were going to chop his head off:rofl3:

Becky

Back
Top Bottom