Looking for ScubaPro MkV regulator parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gregstach

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does any body have a suggestion on where to purchase the following Mk V parts that are no longer available from ScubaPro. Have been following ebay for a while with no success.
* 1st stage 3000 psi yoke, this may fit newer models as well.
* 2nd stage 'BALANCED ADJUSTABLE' cover
Don't need new parts, but want them to be in good condition. Thanks for you help in advance.

I swapped in a MK-2 yoke on mine (changed my MK2 to DIN and had the parts), with no issues...

As to the "cover', do you mean the chrome face plate, or the rubber diaphragm cover? If the latter, Vintage Double Hose has them.... Store - Vintage Double Hose

The older polished chrome heavy Scubapro yokes are all the same but hard to find not attached to a 1st stage. The newer Scubapro 1st stage yoke will fit fine and can be found occasionally on ebay from din conversions but will have a different finish; if you are into appearances.

The only place I have ever seen a good condition "Balanced Adjustable" cover ring has been on a complete 2nd stage. If the balanced label are not important, the cover ring from a 109 or 108 will also fit. They do show up on ebay but tend towards the pretty ugly. Even missing chrome and with a few dents, they work fine.

Thanks for the suggestions Bob. I see DIN conversions on ebay, but that's not what I'm looking for. All my tanks are low pressure 72's, but want to upgrade one reg for use on the higher pressure tanks with the same old style tank fitting. Regarding the cover, yes I want the metal cover, the diaphrams are readily available. Recent upgraded a reg to the balanced adjustable style, but the cover is no longer available.

---------- Post added August 8th, 2015 at 04:17 PM ----------

AWAP thanks for the response. Yah so far I've seen one yoke and one cover on ebay but in each case couldn't act fast enough and am hoping there may be some other sources.

I'm now just looking for a MK V second stage cover that says 'balance adjustable'. No surprise, shortly after creating this post, found two 3000 psi yokes on eBay!

Thanks for the suggestions Bob. I see DIN conversions on ebay, but that's not what I'm looking for. All my tanks are low pressure 72's, but want to upgrade one reg for use on the higher pressure tanks with the same old style tank fitting. Regarding the cover, yes I want the metal cover, the diaphrams are readily available. Recent upgraded a reg to the balanced adjustable style, but the cover is no longer available.

---------- Post added August 8th, 2015 at 04:17 PM ----------

AWAP thanks for the response. Yah so far I've seen one yoke and one cover on ebay but in each case couldn't act fast enough and am hoping there may be some other sources.

What I was saying is that the yoke from the MK-II would fit.... not to go DIN....

---------- Post added August 20th, 2015 at 02:39 PM ----------

I'm now just looking for a MK V second stage cover that says 'balance adjustable'. No surprise, shortly after creating this post, found two 3000 psi yokes on eBay!

that is going to be a rare bird, and I can attest the lettering won't last.... just find a 108/109 and have bonus parts.... I grabbed one once that was in a pile of extra various pieces....

Back
Top Bottom