looking for rolling duffle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardRandy

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We’re planning a trip to the Galapagos Island. I hear the beaches are wonderful for snorkeling and scuba diving. We are looking for a large, weatherproof rolling duffle to accommodate all our clothes and gear like wetsuits, fins, masks, etc.

For my live aboard trip to the Galapagos later this summer, I'm using Aqualung's 850 Travel Bag (roller duffel). It is large enough to carry gear & clothes in, has fin pockets on the side & only weighs just over 8lbs (light weight for its size). It has a retractable handle & large rollers on it & even when full, will not tip over easily. It conforms to airline size regulations for check- in luggage. While it may be a tad on the pricey side for luggage, it has a replacement warranty (if bought through a legitimate dealer) that is bar none. It will be replaced if broken or torn, even if it is the airlines that tear it up. Unfortunately, while it doesn't do a bad job, it is not entirely weather proof. Not sure that there is any roller duffel that is.

I just picked up a Vargo waterproof 30" rolling duffel which I think hits a nice balance between weight and capacity. It's only been on 1 short trip so far, so I can't speak to durability yet, but it seems well made, and is half price right now.
DriSeal Globetrotter Vargo Outdoors
Vargo Outdoors DriSeal Globetrotter Rolling Duffel - 30" - '09 Overstock at REI-OUTLET.com

have a great trip!
-Colin

I made a mistake of using my army backpack and high sierra roller duffel for a dive trip. The darn zippers corroded shut in less than a week. Typically dive bags have more corrosion resistant zippers and have fin pouches etc but at the cost of a bit of added weight.

As mentioned you can check out these bags.

Bags with back straps:
AquaLung Traveler 850 Roller Duffle
Pinnacle Endeavor Roller Bag

I have this bag and it's real nice too:
Stahlsac W421-B The Jamaican Smuggler

SangP

Great suggestions, guys! Thanks a million. The Briggs & Riley rolling duffle is what I am going with. Thanks Terry and Susan for pointing me to BR!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom