Looking for Referal Instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hollywood703

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a buddy who is looking for a referal instructor for his 2 kids (14 + 16), he is going on a cruise in Bermuda starting around april 1st and was hoping to get his Kids Final cert one of the first days...Unfortunately the going rate is $400 a piece just for the open water dives. He will be Diving also, and the kids would want to dive more after the OW Finals. If anyone knows a good instructor that wont kill his bank account let me know....thanks

Will the cruise be in Bermuda long enough? Also, will it be moving around from St Georges to Hamilton to Dockyard, or will it be staying put in one location? There are a number of dive ops you could contact directly but it depends on where your ship is. Keep in mind that a two tank dive in Bermuda is $110.00 (last season's price) and that is without an instructor with you. I'd expect they'd charge more to have the instructor there.

This is not for me, its for a buddy, I believe it will be docked at the Docks believe its NW part of the island unless weather requires them to move to the SE side. It is my understanding the ship ports in Bermuda for 4-5 days. He is hoping to find an instructor that will give a little break as he will have 7 people who want to dive (when the kids are Certed) and will use that instructor/Shop for all Diving. He went through SSI here in the states (Big Mistake obviously since they charged Full price even though the instructor knew he needed referal) and there are no SSI instructors on the Island from whaat i can research. Was hoping to find an independant instructor that could do a package for them.

Don't know of any "independent" instructors, there probably aren't any who have their own boats and do this for a living. If at Dockyard, your only real option is Blue Water Divers. That being said, April is slow season, so they might be willing to put a package together based on volume. Best thing to do is contact them directly.

Hope your friend knows that water temps in April will be 65-68 degrees. Full 5 mil with hood and gloves is probably best bet.

I'm away that week, otherwise I'd be glad to.

Also worth mentioning that most operators don't actually open until early April.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom