looking for recommendation about Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's nice and warm. Anywhere between 78-81 depending on your depth and proximity to shore. It has been extra warm in the water this year that's for sure. I think it is responsible for a lot of the coral bleaching I'm noticing in the Wailea/Makena area. I hear there's severe bleaching at Molokini too but I haven't been out there in a while.

It definately is and with an el nino year killing the trades and raising the water temp its reported to have devestating affects on our reefs this year. They have a proposal to shut down the aquarium market for at least 180 days in hopes to offset the decline but it could be real bad this year. You should try to document any bleaching if possible. I am over here on BI.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Molokini has a lot of bleaching, but I didn't see algae forming on any of the coral heads, so it's very likely a lot of the coral will recover (according to Pauline). Fingers crossed that the water cools fast enough.

We had 79 degrees reading on our computers at Molokini this morning.

Back
Top Bottom