Looking for recomendations G250v or c300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff1103

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all I'm looking to purchase a used second stage and have found a scubapro g250v and c300. I'm looking for any advice or recommendations.
Thanks

I certainly would prefer the original G250, then the G250V, then the S600, and finally the C300. Simplicity, parts availability, and proven performance would all be criteria in my opinion. The G250V is basically a newer version of the original G250. The S600 is smaller and a bit more complicated; it has two versions that I know of and they both have kind of a complicated user adjustment/anti-set arrangement. I don't know too much about the C300 but it hasn't been very popular and finding parts might be more difficult.

The "v" has a nice feature of a seat saver and a larger venturi knob over the original. Other than that, they are identical. Great regs. My favorite.

Scubapro has well proven designs for both balaned and unbalanced barrel poppet 2nds. Why would they introduce a very different design using unique, non-ccompatible parts?

I suspect they are taking a shot at engineering obsolesence into new products.

The "v" has a nice feature of a seat saver and a larger venturi knob over the original. Other than that, they are identical. Great regs. My favorite.

The schematic on frogkicks does not show any seat saver feature on the 250V. Could you be thinking the 250HP?

nope, with my G250v stages you can depress and very slightly rotate the purge button, and it locks in a slight bit, relieving the seat/orifice pressure. I only knew of it by seeing a tag that was on a new one I purchased.

nope, with my G250v stages you can depress and very slightly rotate the purge button, and it locks in a slight bit, relieving the seat/orifice pressure. I only knew of it by seeing a tag that was on a new one I purchased.

I was thinking seat saver like on the S600 and G250HP. I believe that purge button feature was found on many older G-series and R190 regs.

Back
Top Bottom