Looking for Oahu Demo/Specialty Rentals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ML

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The time has come for me to replace my 15-year old BCD and I'd really like to try out a few different styles and models, particularly giving a BP/Wing setup a shot.

Does anyone have suggestions for shops (or even manufacturers/dealers) on the main island (preferably in the Honolulu area), who have some of the higher-end back-inflate and/or BP/Wings available for rent?

Just like Gabe said go try island divers they still sell those halcyon. if you can talk to Randy tue-sat he can set you up.

IDH has BP/W for sure, but it's all Halcyon (and therefore expensive). If they let you demo it, please let us know. That would be great for other inquiring divers. I had to jump in the BP/W blind as a bat and both feet first.

Peace,
Greg

IDH:

That sounds pretty good, if I hear of any other divers looking to check out the hog setup I will send them your way.

Peace,
Greg

Of course, I just got back from ID and talked to Matt about it and he said they have two of them, sounds like a good deal.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I'm definitely headed out to Hawaii Kai to visit IDH...just need to pick a nice, calm weekend.

I also found that Ocean Concepts (next door to the Arizona Memorial) rents Knighthawk back inflate BCs, so I'm going to give them a shot, too. Same deal with the "boat dive only" policy, which makes perfect sense.

_This_ weekend was calm.

I dropped by for a dive with IDH today, but the Halcyon is currently being repaired. I did have a great boat trip with them though, so it's all good! I'll guess I'll just HAVE to force myself to go diving with them again. :wink:

I talked to Jo (sp?) and he seems to be the guy to contact about the availability of the rental. I'll keep everyone updated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom