Looking for new wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No. Zen uses the NX wing while Zeos is the standard donut wing for standard plates.

IMHO, I don't like thr NX wings, the standard regular Zeos/Hydro are just perfect.
OK...I am confused...I have the NX Project double tank with SS plate and wing...it is also a "donut" style wing...if the Zen is a donut style, like the NX and the Zeos is a donut style what is the difference? Zeos and Zen wings are both listed with the 38lb option. they appear to be identical, but I can't find anything definitive if they are in fact the same single tank wing. Anyone?

OK...I am confused...I have the NX Project double tank with SS plate and wing...it is also a "donut" style wing...if the Zen is a donut style, like the NX and the Zeos is a donut style what is the difference? Zeos and Zen wings are both listed with the 38lb option. they appear to be identical, but I can't find anything definitive if they are in fact the same single tank wing. Anyone?

Zen can't fit to a standard plate. and is shifted downward and the hose is center placed.
While Zeos is a standard universal wing with an offset inflator.

3.png

3.png

I understand center placement for a doubles wing, thought not necessary, but for a single tank wing! It makes no sense and causes issues of two material objects trying to occupy the same space at the same time.

Zen can't fit to a standard plate. and is shifted downward and the hose is center placed.
While Zeos is a standard universal wing with an offset inflator.

3.png

3.png
Great info...I missed the off set inflator attachment...not certain the significance of this when using a single bottle..but Zen is also a single tank wing and it has the centered inflator...since I have the NR SS plate I will probably stick with a Zen wing and oddly Zen wing is more expensive than the Zeos with the same 38lbs of buoyancy...so far impressed with the quality and design..

Thanks for the input!

I understand center placement for a doubles wing, thought not necessary, but for a single tank wing! It makes no sense and causes issues of two material objects trying to occupy the same space at the same time.
Actually it's not interfering at all. The top of the wing sits well below the valves. It's quite streamlined, and with heavier tanks wears the weight quite well.

And it solves the tipping issue with a backplate by not having any float in the top. and the issues with heavy feet and balance. A good wing, but you can fix all that with practice instead of gear.

It's like a middle way between a jacket and a plate.

But a lot more comfortable for a doubles. Especially for carrying them.

Actually it's not interfering at all. The top of the wing sits well below the valves. It's quite streamlined, and with heavier tanks wears the weight quite well.

And it solves the tipping issue with a backplate by not having any float in the top. and the issues with heavy feet and balance. A good wing, but you can fix all that with practice instead of gear.

It's like a middle way between a jacket and a plate.

But a lot more comfortable for a doubles. Especially for carrying them.
I guess I do not follow? Many divers do not wear their single cylinder with a single valve (you mention valves--plural??) hiked up behind their heads thus the center outlet is interfering with the first stage and they both want to share the same space.

the center outlet is not interfearing with the stage since it's a lot lower than on a standard wing.
xdeep-zen-1024x552.jpg

1700138949322.png

As you can see here. They set it like that since they have a theory that offset inflators don't distribute air the same as a centered inflators on doubes wings. So they made a singles wing that has a doubles inflator, but it's positioned quite low so they don't interfere.

As compared to a standard wing.

xDeep-Zeos-Standard-On-Tank.jpg

Hope this illustrates the difference/

the center outlet is not interfearing with the stage since it's a lot lower than on a standard wing.
xdeep-zen-1024x552.jpg

View attachment 810971
As you can see here. They set it like that since they have a theory that offset inflators don't distribute air the same as a centered inflators on doubes wings. So they made a singles wing that has a doubles inflator, but it's positioned quite low so they don't interfere.

As compared to a standard wing.

xDeep-Zeos-Standard-On-Tank.jpg

Hope this illustrates the difference/
Great description and photos...another reason the centered inflator hose is so close to wing and does not get in the way of the valve/reg on a single is that there is no "elbow" [between hose and bladder] where it enters the wing...is just bends into the wing, all internal,

'Curious how (and where), an Extreme Series wing wears out?

Back
Top Bottom