Looking for new wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stay tuned to see what will Simon do?

Will he go for the DTD wing or the Apeks? Or will he be seduced by the heavier shell of the DIR Zone? Will he go on a walk about until Patrick handcrafts another Oxycheq Extreme wing? Will he go to the outback to hunt kangaroo with a MK-7 and teach the natives regulator repair? Will Lex ever get over his orange stripe fetish?

These and other questions will be answered in the next installment of "Looking for a new wing".
:cool:
Wait, there’s a part two?

I am worried about Simon. He has not been on for a while. Do you think the killer kangaroo got him?

1699936213727.png

Just to say, I think new Oxy wings have fabric bladders. Though my (older) 30 and 18 have the plastic bladder. Some people are willing to pay a lot of money to have the blue H on their gear, or even the Scubapro S. I like my Oxy wings. I also have three VDH wings, two 18s and a 22. I wish the VDH wings were still available, they are superb, but just to say it, the Oxy wings trim me better.

An Oxy 18 and the Oxy Ultra Lite plate are to die (dive) for IMO.

Just to say, I think new Oxy wings have fabric bladders. Though my (older) 30 and 18 have the plastic bladder. Some people are willing to pay a lot fo money to have the blue H on their gear, or even the Scubapro S. I like my Oxy wings. I also have three VDH wings, two 18s and a 22. I wish the VDH wings were still available, they are superb, but just to say it, the Oxy wings trim me better.
I can confirm that the new Oxycheq wings do have a black fabric bladder just like the VDH and DGX.

Have you looked at xDeep Zeos 28? Pretty good construction with a solid inner replaceable bladder. Proper cordura usage and standard parts. We use the 38s in our club for rent and they really stand up to the abuse. It's a classic shape, but you can order a custom colored one (pointless if you ask me) and even to have you logo embroidered.

The shell is 1100d Cordura, and the bladder is 440d.

For comparison, DGX S1 is 1000d shell and 200d bladder. I wasn't able to find the specs for OxyCheck
Is the XDeep Zeos wing the same wing used on their Zen? The plates are different but are the wings?

Is the XDeep Zeos wing the same wing used on their Zen? The plates are different but are the wings?
No. Zen uses the NX wing while Zeos is the standard donut wing for standard plates.

IMHO, I don't like thr NX wings, the standard regular Zeos/Hydro are just perfect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom