Looking for new quarries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you looking for a place to lease and turn into a new facility?

Or are you bored?

There is a new quarry opening up to the public in Maryland outside of the DC metro area.

The first one.

Yes I heard. It is called Juturna springs.

we are trying to open the quarry here its 315 at the deepest part but starts around 15 feet only a few people have dived it .. supposed to have dived it last weekend ............let you all know soon

Where is this quarry at? VA MD NC etc?

Question for those who have gone to Juturna Springs, they state that you must show a wristband before being allowed access to the water. What happens for those who dive drysuits that have attached gloves??? Can you show the wristband before getting suited up?

Thanks

Patrick

Question for those who have gone to Juturna Springs, they state that you must show a wristband before being allowed access to the water. What happens for those who dive drysuits that have attached gloves??? Can you show the wristband before getting suited up?

Thanks

Patrick

They allowed me to attach it to my BC. The folks there are pretty easy to work with.

They allowed me to attach it to my BC. The folks there are pretty easy to work with.

Thanks for the info. That works much better than having to wear it on your wrist and then having to try and get it out from under a wetsuit or drysuit.

Patrick

I thought I'd post what I sent you here:

Juturna is interesting. I met the manager/owner, Matt and his wife and had a good chat with them. The plans he has are awesome and even half of it becomes a reality it will be a nice alternative to Dutch. It is an hour & half for me and Dutch is 4 hours. If you saw the pictures, on the 'road' going into the water are about dozen tables for setting up gear. You drive down, offload and then park up on the hill. They had a young man drive you up and back if you wanted. i did the walk up and it wasn't to bad. Currently there are only two platforms (8x16 IIRC) at 25 feet. The bottom was ~55 feet in that area. The really great thing is the vis had to be 20 feet+ and it was pretty bright on the bottom. As you approach the submerged road that you use to exit there is a bunch of old trees. It was pretty cool. The submerged road was covered in the moss like grass and full of fish. I hung out in ~10 feet just chillin with the fish.

We will probably be moving our OW class checkout dives to there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom