Looking for new Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would just add in the process of assessing the fit make sure you can equalize easily too. didn't think of that as I pinch my nose to equalize and found the mask I bought fit my face fine but didn't allow me easily to squeeze my nose. more annoying than anything but stayed with my old mask and gave the new to my wife.

I'm looking for a new mask, found a Mares Used for a reasonable price. I was thinking about checking with my LDS just to see how it fit.

The best mask for you is the one that fits, regardless of price or brand. I went for years trying different masks and none fit properly. Then, in 2002, Tusa came out with the M 14 Visulator. I tried one, and guess what, it was a perfect fit. Been wearing the Visulator ever since. :palmtree: Bob

apply mask, suck through nose, feel for air leakage (reason in facial hair), assess visibility, purchase

i recommend the sporasub masks: they are durable, comfortable and have GREAT visibility.
i have mine since the day i got my license and i take it everywhere: scuba diving and freediving around the world, skin diving with my family and friends, apnea training in the pool.
they have the best visibility ive seen in a diving mask (its originally a spearfishing mask but many scuba divers use it). im not sure how much they cost because i got them from the diving clubs owner as a gift (hes a friend of me and my dad) but you have to pay for quality.
if price is an obstacle you might wanna consider going to your local store asking for a mask that has a comfortable fit (theyre mostly silicone) but not too expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom