Looking for new dive computer recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chaosparadigm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I tried to look through older threads but most of the ones that interested me hadn't been updated in two years. So sorry if this is a repeat...

I am looking to buy a new dive computer because my last (Oceanic Geo 2) broke. I loved my Geo especially with its aggressive DSAT formula on NDL time. This time though I am thinking to get an integrated air computer... I have been looking at the shearwater models. Anyone have any thoughts on that one or other dive computers? Best places to buy?

I have over 300 dives and often doing Nitrox. I haven't done any trimix or tech diving that I may be interested in that in a few years. I am looking for a computer that is #1) aggressive on NDL #2) Robust #3) Integrated air #4) Wrist (!)

Not as concerned with price if there is a very good chance of it lasting a long time and returning its value.

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-29_18-53-47.png
    upload_2020-1-29_18-53-47.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 59
I am thinking that you just started a new Shearwater thread.

Reactions: Jay
I went from a geo2 to a perdix to a teric as soon as it came out. You will love the change from the tiny grey lcd of the geo and the AI is worth every cent as you don't have to fumble around for your spg... just look down at your wrist.

I just got my perdix AI a few months ago upgrade from suunto. Very easy to read screen, easy to navigate, can change what displays while diving to a degree and uses the most common battery in existence, no wonder they are so popular.

You seem like a candidate for the Shearwater Teric. Download the manual and see if you like it.

I recently picked up the Suunto Eon Core w/ Tank Pod, and I absolutely love it. Very bright and easy to read, lots of configuration options including how “aggressive” on the NDL, excellent battery life, rechargeable via USB, I am about 10 dives in with it and I have zero complaints.

I recently picked up the Suunto Eon Core w/ Tank Pod, and I absolutely love it. Very bright and easy to read, lots of configuration options including how “aggressive” on the NDL, excellent battery life, rechargeable via USB, I am about 10 dives in with it and I have zero complaints.
Forgot to mention, I’m pretty sure you can setup multiple tank pods if needed, might be a nice feature for your future plans. I am happy with how seamlessly my one pod connects and transmits. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom