Looking for Maui dive buddy early November and shore dive advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The family and I had a great trip to Maui. Although my family does not dive, Steve Eady and I dove Kapalua Bay, Black Rock, Makena Landing and Ulua Reef from shore. Additionally, Steve went on some great dives as well. I dove with Steve on all dives and we were both fortunate enough to be able to dive with scubahawk27 and his wife out to Marty's reef offshore from Makena Landing. They had four scooters with saddles that were amazing to ride. We were very fortunate to be able to dive with them.

All of the shore dives that we went on were amazing. I especially enjoyed Kapalua Bay and Black Rock. The coral is amazing and there were tons of fish and turtles. I used B&B dive shops for weights and tanks while Steve used Maui Dive shops. Both places were great. If you have the time and want to dive while the family relaxes on the beach, its worth taking the time to dive these great areas. The Maui Dive Shop magazine details how to dive each one. With Black Rock, we actually dove from the North and worked our way down to the south side that worked out just fine and we had plenty of air... If you can work out a trip with Scubahawk27, I would recommend them as well. They are great divers and will have you on the scooters in no time! I know what I want for Christmas now!

I am new to this board and just joined today. My family and I are heading to Maui on 11/15 to 11/22. I am a single diver since my wife and children do not dive. I have the Maui Dive shop magazine and plan to do some beach dives at Black Rock, Uluha Reef and other places. If anyone plans to dive during that week, please let me know :) I would love to dive with someone else vs. diving by myself.

Thanks in advance!

Eric

Hi Eric/Steve
My wife and I will be in Maui from 14-Nov-2012 to 1-Dec-2012. I am also a single diver (wife is a snorkler) and will be bringing most of my own equipment, BC,fins,mask,float,safety sausage,light, camera (point and shoot water proof). I am quite new to diving at only 40 dives. Last year I dove st anthony wreck, Molokini, and cathedrals, they were all great dives. Would like to hook up and do a few shore dives (Mala Warf) in Lahaina. We are staying in the vicinity of Kaanapali beach. Would be great to get together and do a few dives.

---------- Post added April 28th, 2012 at 04:32 PM ----------

Hi Eric/Steve
My wife and I will be in Maui from 14-Nov-2012 to 1-Dec-2012. I am also a single diver (wife is a snorkler) and will be bringing most of my own equipment, BC,fins,mask,float,safety sausage,light, camera (point and shoot water proof). I am quite new to diving at only 40 dives. Last year I dove st anthony wreck, Molokini, and cathedrals, they were all great dives. Would like to hook up and do a few shore dives (Mala Warf) in Lahaina. We are staying in the vicinity of Kaanapali beach. Would be great to get together and do a few dives.

Clint

Aloha,

We are always diving on the south side. Places like Makena Landing, 5 Graves and several other really great sites. If you would like to try scooter diving we have 4 of them. We often go out to an isolated reef off of Mekena Landing at 60'. Plenty of photo ops. My wife and I are both Master Divers so let us know if you would like to join us while you are here. We also can do a night dive or two.

Hello!, I'm an Idaho Cold lake diver and my wife and I are planning a trip to Maui in June of 2013. I would love to find some people to dive with to show me around! My wife doesnt dive so I would love to find a dive buddy!

Hope to meet you guys someday!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom