Looking for last minute dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaShaneVB

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I apologize if this is not the correct forum to post in.

Well I'm currently in Morehead City, NC for work, and the charter boat I was scheduled to go out on this weekend canceled due to rough seas.

I realize it is last minute, and the odds of someone actually reading this post and being free is slim to zero, but if anyone in the NC area is looking to do a dive tomorrow I'm up for it!

I saw online that NC has Blue Stone Quarry and Fantasy Lake for fresh water. However I'm up for another spot if someone knows of one that is good.

Also if anyone knows of any freshwater dive guides or fresh water charters in NC area I would be very appreciative. I couldn't find any online.

Have you done a dive at Radio Island rock jetty? You have to catch it on the high tide, but the water is really clean right now so the viz should be good. Go talk to the folks at Discovery in Beaufort. They do a lot of training there and sometimes you can put your gear on their boat and you don't have to haul it down the beach from the parking lot. It beats the quarry and it is better than not diving at all when the weather keeps the boats in port.

Thanks for the advice!

I managed to make it back here again this weekend; however the weather isn't looking any better. I think I'm going to have my dive cancelled again:(...owell you win some you loose some!

If you are in MHC and you have to get wet and freshwater is the only option, then Fantasy lake is a lot closer (and better) than bluestone. While some of the divers who dive there also lurk on this board you will probably find a buddy quicker on either NCDivers.com or check in with the Raleigh Area Divers on facebook. With FL it is better if you bring your own tanks since may or may not be able to get air there. It varies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom