Looking for Lake Juliette (Georgia) dive info please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I don't live very far from this lake located around Forsyth, GA (not Forsyth County). It is a little north of Macon, GA. I was told that this lake was created in the early 80's or so and that it is perhaps one of the cleanist lakes around. I've been told by fishermen that typically the bottom can be seen from a boat while the depth meter indicates 10'.

I haven't had the time to actually visit the lake up close yet but I will.

Has anyone actually dove this lake? I've been told that the lake is frequentied by scuba divers but I have yet to meet anyone that has dove it. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jeremy

I just spoke to Aarron at Divers Supply in Macon, GA and he said that he has dove it. Said he did his rescue there. He said his experience the vis is about 8'. So the vis is slightly lower than Lanier on a good day.

Jeremy

I drove to the lake today to check things out. Met with the park personal and he said that divers frequent the lake all the time. He showed me where the divers enter / exit at for shore dives.

The water is EXTREMELLY clear! Evedently the lake has a slight hydrilla problem because I saw many signs about it at the boat ramps. I know at Lanier there seems to be a desolate wasteland of rock and silt around WBP. From the surface Juliette is full of water grass. I was told that the grass grows down to about 20'.

I saw a map of Juliette and it shows old road beds and "ruins" from old towns and such but you would need a boat to get to these locations.

My brother and I will go out in a couple of weeks and do a couple of dives. If anyone from around Macon or such would like to drive down just let me know and I can give directions and a definate time/date.

Oh, and the best part is that the park where everyone dives from is only 30 min. from my house.

Jeremy

I would be interested! Let me know the date and time, and as long as I am available I will make the drive down.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom