Looking for laid back dive in Tampa area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divergirl4u:
The sheridan is one of the few dives in the gulf that has "tons of fish" but it is in 80ft so considered an advanced dive.
Scuba board is doing a Thanksgiving dive in Venice ... check it out
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=162014
BTW love your signature line ... I dive because it is quiet lol great stuff ... being the mother of three the quiet was something I had to get use 2 ;-)
Kim P

I'm in for the Venice Turkey Fry. I'm even bringing the small-fries... :wink:

Thanks -- I couldn't decide what to do with my sig line, and then one day when they were running around hollering while I was 'trying to post' :banghead: it occurred to me, lol....imagine... :D

Oceandvr:
The Sheridan is one of my favorite Gulf dives. I haven't been out there yet this year and would love to see it again. Anyone going there in the next couple of weeks?

I think we're going to try and get up a group. So how do we do that? Can anyone go Wednesday, Thursday or Friday - Thanksgiving week???

Once we pick a day, we can post a thread and see who else can come...

smatterchu:
I think we're going to try and get up a group. So how do we do that? Can anyone go Wednesday, Thursday or Friday - Thanksgiving week???

I wish I could but I am off on the weekends ... thursday is family :(
Call tanks and see if he can take you to Veterans reef or the sheridan ... find out if you need your adv ow..... see how many divers needed to get a discount ... then post ... I would post in the Tampa thread as well ... miss d loves the sheridan and will jump at a chance to go.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=157422&page=14
Kim P
Tanks-A-Lot Dive Charters
900 North Osceola Avenue
Clearwater, FL 33755

smatterchu:

Would love to, but I'll have family in from out of town that week. (sigh) :(

Soooo Smatter are you still considering diving Wed or Thurs this week? I need to dive but can't afford the charter right now, thats why I asked about Alexander Springs a while ago.

I'm good for anything less expensive then a charter either day.

I have a friend from up north looking to dive on Wednesday, but the forecast is calling for 5-8 foot seas... a spring or grotto dive might be nice (no caves Stasia!!!)

It's your call on the location. If it's to the north, we can meet up and take one car.

There are some good artificial reef dives off of St. Petersburg. The Orange Tug at the South Pinellas Reef is interesting and is in about 50 feet. The Rube Allyn Reef is also interesting it is also in 50 feet. You won't see much coral because it is too far north. You will see lots of fish from barracuda to goliath grouper that top 500 lbs.

The best trip is about an hour north to Crstal River and snorkel with the manatees. The gulf temperature is below 70 and the manatees come to the springs which are a constant 72. In the winter over 400 of these gentle giants can be found at the preserve. Search the internet for Crystal River Manatees and you will find many options. It is best to go early in the morning.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom