Looking for key largo dives for 0628 and 0629

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glashoppah

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dear Scubaboard,

I've had good luck on here before finding good shops, so here we go again... :)

I'm going to be Florida next week and am planning on being around Key Largo, or areas nearby, for diving. I am looking to dive all day (2 dive morning, 2 dive afternoon) on Friday 0628 and Saturday 0629. I'd like recommendations for dive shop and perhaps local hotel/motel with the following requirements:

1. Professionals. :)
2. High-cap steel tanks - I am a big guy who goes through 80CF of air on a typical 60ft reef dive in 30 minutes, so I need 100 or more CF to stay with the group.
3. I like wildlife and reefs/walls/etc.

I have all my own gear, so rental of anything besides lead is unimportant.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

H.

We have mostly shallow +/- 30 ft reefs here in Key Largo with a few deeper wrecks 130ish ft and less frequently dove walls 80-90ish ft.
Most shops have only AL80's available. Conch Republic does have some larger steel tanks, but you will need to reserve them in advance.
Have a blast!

I always dive with and highly recommend Quiessence. I'm just not sure about the high cap steel tanks. As far as professionalism, you will feel like you have been spoiled after diving with them, AND it is a 6-pack so there are no crowds

Hey Glashoppah,

You'll have a great time in the Keys diving. Here are some links that might help you when looking for a dive center to dive with. 6 dive centers in the Keys are using our software to track, schedule, and book their customers. These are real-time schedules of the dives they are/plan to do.

You can also see current, past and future dives on their calendars and of course book right on line or give them a call.
These and other dive shops in Jupiter, West Palm, and North Carolina are using Scubaocity as their scheduling software and their schedules can be viewed on our DiveRadar website. "Search Tomorrows Dives Today".
A mobile app for DiveRadar is under development and should be ready soon.

Hope this helps and you have a great time diving....whomever you choose.

Regards and God Bless,
Gary

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom