Looking for Hin Daeng/Muang/Koh Ha boat.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess it's my report about Hin Mouang you guys are reffering to and it is/was indeed accurate. But my last visit was two years ago, in january 2008, and Hin Mouang was devestated at the time compared to pre-spring 2007. More or less all the soft coral was dead then and it was a barren brownish/greenish rock (se photo).

But soft coral do regenerate fairly quick if conditions are right and apparantly, to my and everybody elses joy, Hin Mouang is on a rebounce.

We did have a few good dives there anyway, as you can see.

lottamanta.jpg

I was just there 2 weeks ago, it was good (no damage or anything) but IMHO didn't live upto the hype, I found Koh Bida more interesting.
But the lack of Rays, Whales Sharks, or anything else large could be affecting my judgment.

Not suggesting you shouldn't go, just in my case I decided to go to Ko Haa the next day rather than return to a 2nd day at Hin Daeng/Muang

I was there about a month ago and i've renamed the sites.

Hin Muang is now Hin who freakin' cares
Hin Daeng is now Hin totally freakin' awesome

Weird, since they adjoin each other. I didn't see anything large either but rays or whale sharks weren't part of my expectations. Had I seen them I'd have considered them gravy....tasty tasty gravy.

Back
Top Bottom