Looking for good AOW instructor in OC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mistressmotorsports

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'd like to go for my AOW cert. My OW instructor was ok, but I would like to try someone new who places emphasis on skills and preparedness/safety (not that my OW instructor didn't, I just want to work on that more.) I'm in Rancho Santa Margarita, so I can easily get to Laguna Beach, Dana Point, etc. THanks for any suggestions or recommendations.

Mike

Hi Mike!

If you go to the link in my signature you'll find a list of many dive instructors for Orange County. I recommend you talk to a few of them and ask lots of questions. It's a list that focuses on Orange County dive ops.

I am not an instructor but I've compiled the list.

Good luck!

My dive instructor (now friend) is actually situated in Rancho Cucamonga, but does all of her OW dives either in Catalina or OC...I can give you her contact information if you PM me....she was wonderful and I continually dive with her after my AOW class is over...

The man for the job is Craig Oberlin. He's on the list that Debbie refers too. I've done all my certs. up through Rescue with him, as have some of my buddies, and he's in OC. He's also a moderator here on Scubaboard.

Good luck.......
Kevin

Hey mike you should come check us out at EcoDivcenter in Culver City. Great amazing staff.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll check 'em out. If anyone has other suggestions, I'll check those out as well.

Mike

My instructor/friend works out of Mission Viejo. He is a Padi Course Director and has
alot of knowledge. He incorporates alot more training in his dives than what the courses
call for. His website is www.classicscuba.com
Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom