Looking for FW, TX divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

connellc

Contributor
Reaction score
TwoBitTxn and Zagman said I should post this message here from my post in Scuba Board > The Art of Scuba diving > New 2 Scuba... so.....

I'm a new diver in Fort Worth, TX and I am looking to meet some people in the area who love to dive. Hopefully to buddy up with on some local stuff for practice and entertainment (CSSP, Athens, ect.). Also, to potentially travel when able. My wife is certified but not as 'excited' about advancing in scuba as I am. She enjoys 30-40 ft clear water and that's fun too but I want to advance further recreationally. Would prefer to hear from local people who are fairly new to diving and want to advance.

Although I haven't signed up yet I am planning to do my AOW in March through Tuckers Dive Shop (Grand Prairie) at Lake Travis. If this is something someone is also interested in let me know. Thanks in advance.

Also, now I know to watch the TSD board and I hope to meet up with everyone. Maybe you guys will even let me join someday :)

Connellc, if you and your wife would like to join us on Saturday evening,we'll be at the Pappadeaux's in Arlington (see earlier thread "Drinks anyone?"). And,yes,I'll be looking for dive buddies alot this year. If i had a thicker wetsuit or a drysuit I'd be getting wet now. My g/f will not be able to dive as often as I will, nor is she big on the lake diving. But she will do the lakes with fairly good viz.

Tommy

Tommy, we already have plans this Saturday but thanks for the invite. I'm in a similar situation where my wife doesn't want to dive as much as me or do the lake stuff either. I would be glad to buddy up with any of you guys to do some local stuff when it warms a little. Thanks for the reply. Does your group do a lot of local diving?

connellc:
Tommy, we already have plans this Saturday but thanks for the invite. I'm in a similar situation where my wife doesn't want to dive as much as me or do the lake stuff either. I would be glad to buddy up with any of you guys to do some local stuff when it warms a little. Thanks for the reply. Does your group do a lot of local diving?

Connellc,from what I can tell from the threads last year,during the warmer months there is usually someone willing to get wet everyday...within driving distance. I will be diving nearly every weekend once the weather warms. We own a boat so we enjoy cruising on the area lakes also. We haven't had the chance to dive from our boat yet,so I'm looking forward trying that too. You mentioned the AOW cert in March....I(we) may wish to join you. Stay in touch.

mardigrastexan:
Connellc,from what I can tell from the threads last year,during the warmer months there is usually someone willing to get wet everyday...within driving distance. I will be diving nearly every weekend once the weather warms. We own a boat so we enjoy cruising on the area lakes also. We haven't had the chance to dive from our boat yet,so I'm looking forward trying that too. You mentioned the AOW cert in March....I(we) may wish to join you. Stay in touch.

That sounds awesome! I'm still a "newbie" but up for anything. If you are interested in doing the class with me, let me know. $150 + $29.95 for the text material.

March 28th - pool session. (Not required but they want to assess everyones skill level)
April 3-4 - (they will firm up soon depending on weather and vis) Lake Travis or Possum KIngdon for the dives

Have you been diving off your boat yet?

Someone from the club is diving CSSP or Athens about every weekend after the water gets above about 70*F or so.

You are welcome to join us at any time. I feel your pain about not having a wife that is as exstatic about diving as you are. I am in the same boat.

Welcome to the boards and hope to meet you soon,

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
Someone from the club is diving CSSP or Athens about every weekend after the water gets above about 70*F or so.

You are welcome to join us at any time. I feel your pain about not having a wife that is as exstatic about diving as you are. I am in the same boat.

Welcome to the boards and hope to meet you soon,

TwoBit

Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to diving with you guys..... I wish it would warm up now! I'm a cold wimp anyway.

connellc:
That sounds awesome! I'm still a "newbie" but up for anything. If you are interested in doing the class with me, let me know. $150 + $29.95 for the text material.

March 28th - pool session. (Not required but they want to assess everyones skill level)
April 3-4 - (they will firm up soon depending on weather and vis) Lake Travis or Possum KIngdon for the dives

Have you been diving off your boat yet?

There are people on the board with 300+ dives that still consider themselves a "newbie". We're very much still a newbies with <20 dives. As long as you're game,the more experienced people don't care as long as it's a safe rec dive....remember,they were newbies also. And,keep in mind,everytime you enter a body of water that you have never been in,you are still a "newbie" to that local. That's why you'll never hear of me doing a cave dive.
Nah, haven't done a dive from our boat yet,but it's coming.

Welcome to the Swamp, connellc!

We'll get together sometime at Clear Springs when the water warms up. We usually have pretty good get-togethers there.

I have a killer recipe for jerk chicken. Could bring some wings to cook on the kettle grill. Hmmm, and some kiwi, papaya, and mango along with fried bananas....

Sorry you can't make the get-together in Arlington, just show up at any of the dives!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom