Looking for: Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvrle1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I know this is not buy/sell forum, but I am looking into purchasing a dry suit and would like to do it locally. This way i can take a look at it and try it on to see if it fits and such.

If you have one for sale, or know where I could get one for cheaper, please let me know :)

I check craigslist every day but so far, no luck (found 2, but one was really old and other was just a tad small)

Edge diving in North Van Boxing Day Sale all week!!!

Went to Edge yesterday, and unfortunately only suits they had were way out of my price range. They had used Brooks suit for $1200 and some new ones for around the same price. I found a Nexus II new for $750 and so far that the best price I saw. I will hit few more stores today and see what I find.

Due to these prices I was hoping to find one used and for a bit less.

Thanks again everyone.

Dude.. you get what you pay for.

The suit should be the most money you spend, diving aint cheap.
I picked up a BARE suit for $1000 cause the owner of IDC was looking to sell. Bare replaced the zipper and fixed up some holes for an additional 300 but IDC went halfers on it.

Just finance a good suit :)

Don't forget the undergarments are just as important as the suit.

It's important to be warm, but from what I've seen (in my limited experience) special undergarments are way over priced and unnecessary.

I dive a Bare NexGen suit with upper and lower long johns, fleece pants and a fleece shirt (all el-cheapo from Zellers) and I've never been too cold. Sure, I'm a bit chilly at the end of a 50 minute dive but for the cost and ease of cleaning, it's well worth it for me.

I have an OCEANER DRY SUIT..I LUV IT...for undergarments..I wear fleece long johns ..fleece long sleve undershirt..old sweats and a sweater...nice and warm..sometimes I shed the sweater..total cost...about $35. There ya go!!

Back
Top Bottom