Looking for doubles wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prisca Lim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all!

This is my first post here. I'm looking for a 45/50lb donut wing thats suitable for doubles. I'm open to any brand, please let me know the price including shipping to NC.

Thank you,
Prisca

I don’t have anything used for sale. However, I bought exactly the wing you are describing new about a year and a half ago.

At the time, the only wings I could find of that relatively small size was a Halcyon and this one:

https://www.amazon.com/x-tech-Bladder-Underwater-Freediving-Spearfishing/dp/B0747W242L

I actually had a Halcyon (horseshoe) that was getting repaired and only needed it for a relatively short period of time, so I really didn’t want to buy a second very expensive Halcyon. I figured I would give the Sopras Tek a shot and see if I could learn something about it. If I didn’t like it, it wouldn’t have been that big of a deal.

well, I’ve owned it for two years now, and it is still my primary wing for light doubles dives. I actually used it once with 104‘s and an aluminum 40, but it was at the very edge of its capacity and my head was only slightly above water. :) (Don’t do that.)

I’ve also since learned that the dump hose is of a style that is prone to cracking over time. I would suggest replacing that relatively quickly with the more conventional style that lasts much longer.

other than that, I’ve got no complaints. The wing has been durable and effective. Like I wrote in my review, it took some getting used to: it’s buoyancy characteristics were very different from my horseshoe wings. But once I got that dialed in, I’ve had absolutely no complaints, and it’s a very reasonable price, even if you do need to replace the hose.

Having said that, you can’t beat the warranty on the Halcyon. They’ve done nothing but keep me happy. If you have the budget, it’s an unbeatable wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom