Looking for diving in MD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, Im in Hagerstown MD Also. There are several quarries around the area:
Millbrook, (cold and not the best visibility, 1 1/2 away),

Mt. Storm, A coolant lake for a power plant, It has Warmer waters, but visibility is from 6-15 feet. It can reach temperatures up to 95 degrees in the summer 2 hours away.

Dutch Springs is 2 1/2 hours away it has Great visibility 30-50 + vis, but colder temperatures. In August the temps were around 78 On surface. Lots to see, lots of platforms.

Ocean City: 4 hours away

For Ocean diving I would recommend NC or SC diving. Great wrecks, warmer waters.

Let me know if your interested in going diving. There are several other around the area that get together to go diving.
Dive companies around the area: (Hagerstown, MD) East Coast Divers LLC., and Blue Marble. In Frederick, MD Brass Anchor.

thanks all.

to necklinsberg : I'll have the whole gear with me but the tank. I understand from your comment that clubs do exist here, isn't it ? if yes, do you have any contacts to communicate to me ?
to steelsaint: I'll for sure be interested in going diving. However all my gear is still in France and I'm quite busy with administrative topics linked to my arrival in the US and by my job to take over.

This said, if you don't mind, I'd be glad to join even I stay dry.:depressed: It will be an opportunity for me to see how it works here. Let me know in that case.

The closest dive shop to you would be Blue Marble Divers in Hagerstown:
Blue Marble Divers Home

The next would be Brass Anchor in Frederick:
Brass Anchor Scuba Center Frederick PADI Courses
Brass Anchor has an associated club called Ocean Rovers Scuba Club, which meets at the shop:
Ocean Rovers Scuba Club

I am part of a club that meets closer to the DC area in Laurel, the Atlantis Rangers:
Atlantis Rangers Visitors Menu Page

Feel free to PM me when you get your gear (or able to borrow/rent). I usually head to one of the local quarries a few times a month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom