Looking for Dive or Snorkeling Opportunities May 13 or 14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ciret

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I'm in Miami for a work assignment and am interested in diving (shore dive preferred, I'm on a tight budget :D ) or snorkeling this weekend. If diving I will need to rent gear. So, I'm looking for advice and buddies, dive locations, shops etc.

I've done all of my diving so far in SW Puerto Rico, boat dives on walls to 140', and reefs at 50-65', DM leads all dives, so the more independent model followed here is new for me. Was certified PADI OW in March 2005, 52 logged dives to date. I want to expand my experience and do some more diving. I have mask, snorkel, fins and a 3mm shorty.

Any and all suggestions and comments will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Eric,

Shore diving would be north of you and is shallow but allows for mega bottom time. Do you have a car?

I'm giving serious thought to wetting up the gills and probably can help you out with some loaner gear depending on your sizing.

Yes I have a car. And shallow shore diving is fine with me. And so is the generous offer of some loaner gear. I'll PM you my phone number.

Recieved - will call shortly!
Just woke up from nappy... had to work at 3AM this morn and I had to crash. Don't think I could talk sense right now........zzzzzzzzzzzzz................

Datura was BEAUTIFUL this afternoon. Strong current but visibility was 40+ over the first and second reef. One of those rare, great beach dives.

Steve

You guys count me in too! Where we going? What time we getting there? How far out, how deep, etc, etc, etc...
I am in Boynton but don't mind a little drive South.

Ironcat,

Just spoke with Eric and we are going to meet up around 8:15AM at Hibiscus.

High tide should be around 8:45 so would like to head in by then. I need to be heading home by around 11:30.

See you there?

sbijou:
Datura was BEAUTIFUL this afternoon. Strong current but visibility was 40+ over the first and second reef. One of those rare, great beach dives.

Steve

Steve - can you come out to play?

ya'll have fun, looks like I'm gonna miss ya as I have an appointment in the mornin'

Sure, Sure! We saw Howard and Michelle - got the real story!

Missed a really nice dive! Entered at high / slack tide - almost no current just a slight south with a very gentle surge at the bottom. Vis about 30 until the sun came out and lit everything up. Water temp was 78. Nice turtle, nurse, huge sea cucumbers tucked around and the usual tropical suspects. Real nice dive and good company to boot!

Thanks Ciret and Ironcat for a great morning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom