Looking for Dive operators in Cozumel and Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwardtxusa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is the first time I have taken a cruise and do not have time when I get to the Island to find a dive outfit and book the weeks dives. I am looking for a few good dive outfits in Cozumel and Belize City. Have a good one in Cayman we are using. wasn't sure if we wanted to dive Costa Mia or Jamica.

I will be on this cruise the first week of Jan 2006.

not sure of operators in belize city, but out on ambergris caye I would definitely return to dive with Protech.

Diving out of Belize city means a 1-2 hr boat ride or taxi to the airport and catch a flight to one of the Cayes, which might not be at all practical. The diving is great, we are going back in 3/05, but if I was on a Cruise Ship I'd think about an Eco Tour in the mountains.

I have used Dive with Martin on two trips to Cozumel for about 25 dives. They were great, reasonably priced and located right at the international pier where most of the cruise ships dock. Can view their web site at http://www.divewithmartin.com/
Many shops were badly damaged by hurricane Wilma so check with whoever you plan to use to make sure they are in operation.

We dove with AquaWorld in August. Right by the pier. Good prices and decent equipment. The boats do tend to get crowded, but your usually paired with a DM and 4 to 6 other divers. We dove at our own pace, and you come up when ready. There were several dives where it was me, my buddy and the DM as the last ones down. The boats were great too. Large with plenty of room and shade...I would definatly recommend AquaWorld.

I second Dive with Martin for Cozumel. We have dove all week with them the last two years. Small fast boats, good DMs. Try to get "Attura" as your DM. Not sure if the spelling is correct but he is a great DM. Tell him what you want to see and he will find if for you - Splendid Toad fish, seahorse, maybe a spotted Eagle ray this time of year. Enjoy!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom