Looking for Dive Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pat, you are one early riser(posting @ 6:36am). Another charter today? see ya 'round.

LobstaMan

Getting up early to call it off. Mother nature wasn't with us today. See you soon Jimmie. P.

Being from AK I thought you would just cover yourself with Bear Fat and Jump in!:D

Seriously depends on your comfort level. Check out New England Lobstah Divers threads. Recent post shows temps in low 50's at 30-50'. I have not been out lately but would guess bottom temps at 100' to be in the mid to low 40's.

apeks74:
Being from AK I thought you would just cover yourself with Bear Fat and Jump in!:D

Seriously depends on your comfort level. Check out New England Lobstah Divers threads. Recent post shows temps in low 50's at 30-50'. I have not been out lately but would guess bottom temps at 100' to be in the mid to low 40's.

Don't need to add the Bear Fat:)

Was talking with Paulthenurse. He said air temps were hot but water temps were as you said. That makes it a difficult choice for deeper dives. My choice is either a 3/5MM wet or my dry suit with UnderArmour Cool Gear for an undergarment.

That's why the post. We all are so different when it comes to cool water so wanted some more input before I made a decision.

Water in woods hole was very warm last week. A 5/3 probably would have have been perfect.

South side of Cape Cod, and RI are in the gulf stream. The water gets very warm. North side of the cape and up the water is cold du to the labrador current bring cold water south.

That's why so many marine scientists are based in Woods hole. Within 30 minute drive you have bothe cold and warm ocean

Current surface temp in Woods Hole is 73 degrees, and it isn't much colder at 60'

ArcticDiver:
Don't need to add the Bear Fat:)

Was talking with Paulthenurse. He said air temps were hot but water temps were as you said. That makes it a difficult choice for deeper dives. My choice is either a 3/5MM wet or my dry suit with UnderArmour Cool Gear for an undergarment.

That's why the post. We all are so different when it comes to cool water so wanted some more input before I made a decision.

I didn't realise you were talking about a 3/5 wetsuit. Around here, most everyone going wet wears a 7. I'd bring the DS and light underwear. Depends where we end up going on the 17th, I may be wet, I may be dry. Probably wet. I like the water to cool off my big sweaty arse.

(I don't need no stinkin' bear fat, either!)
P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom