Looking for dive buddy to dive at Vet's at Rendondo Bech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

humuhumufish

Reaction score
I'm looking to dive at Rendondo Beach this week during the day. I'm an avid underwater photographer and would be diving here for the first time, interested in finding nudibranchs, shrimps, and pipefish. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Thanks!
Graham

humuhumufish:
I'm looking to dive at Rendondo Beach this week during the day. I'm an avid underwater photographer and would be diving here for the first time, interested in finding nudibranchs, shrimps, and pipefish. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Thanks!
Graham

But its a MUCH better night dive. During the day, its a muck dive with trash and mud and just a yucky place. At night, it comes alive. I've posted tons of pics from my weekly night dives there. I avoid it during the day.

We're there every Thursday. If you're interested, you should join us at 7:00 PM-ish.

See you then!

---
Ken

Hi Ken,

will you and friends be night diving this Thursday at Vet's?

Regards, Graham

You could also hook up the Dive Vets, who dive it every Wednesday night. Busy place at night! I can't make it this week, but I was there last Monday and Wednesday, and will probably be there next Wednesday. People show up around 7pm, usually...

Thanks for the info, I can't make it tonight but for sure I'll be there next week Wednesday. How was the viz and what did you see?

- Graham

humuhumufish:
Thanks for the info, I can't make it tonight but for sure I'll be there next week Wednesday. How was the viz and what did you see?

- Graham
A lovely and meditative 3 to 4-foot semi-circle of brownish haze... unfortunately. Sunday's awful visibility continues unabated. It might be related to the 3 to 4 foot surf that messed up my hair on entry and exit. (Sheeesh! Make it stop!) And we even dived during the pushing tide, which generally offers the best visibility.

Unfortunate Eye-Witness Details:
15fsw = 3 to 4-foot viz
35fsw = same
68fsw = same
86fsw = same... which is where we surrendered and relaxed, enjoying the perks of superb teamwork and navigation skills while examining sarcastic Fringeheads, octopuses, Kellet's whelks, and rock crabs Up Close.

Because we couldn't see them until they were up close.
(Even our cannister HID's could barely push through this muck.)

So: Tonight's "Every Thursday Night Dive" will be postponed until next Thursday, Graham.
Please know you are invited and welcome :D .

Claudette

P.S. We still had fun. Duh! We were DIVING! :D

Hi Claudette,

Thanks for the info, I truly enjoyed reading your message, I was laughing so hard! Seriously, if the surf ruins my hair..the diving is over..! :) I was all set to go diving tonight but I managed to get my flight to Vanuatu for tomorrow, so too much to do to get organized. I get back in 6 weeks after which I'd love to join you for diving at Vet's. I love that place, it truly reminds me of muck diving at Lembeh Straights in Indonesia, I swear I saw more species of crab here than there!

Cheers, Graham

Bah. Sleep on the plane. Come join us tonight at Vets. :) Reports say vis is clearing up a bit, esp. at around 60'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom