Looking for condo and SUV rental on Oahu Aug. 11-21, 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Lawyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hello all, not sure if this is the proper place but thought I'd at least give it a go.

My wife and I will be on Oahu for 10 days this August for our 25th Wedding Anniversary and for moving my son into the Freshman Dorms at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. Trying to get a line on a condo-type accommodation with at least a kitchenette for a reasonable price. Doesn't need an ocean view or be on the beach or be very big. Anywhere from Pearl City to past Diamond Head will work. An Ohana in back of a house works too. All the rental companies tack on these giant fees and such so I am reaching out to the good people of ScubaBoard for leads. I have not had good luck with VRBO or similar sites - too many scams. We will also need a small SUV or truck for hauling the kid's stuff to the dorm but I can rent one from a local company if need be. :cool:

Mahalo,

Mark

Can't help out with the condo but I can give a line for the vehicle. I'm heading to Kona and Oahu next week for 10 days and am using Turo for the rental. Prices are set by the owner (half the daily rate of rental companies) and a lot of variety. The only downside is your insurance won't cover you like a traditional rental.

Can't help out with the condo but I can give a line for the vehicle. I'm heading to Kona and Oahu next week for 10 days and am using Turo for the rental. Prices are set by the owner (half the daily rate of rental companies) and a lot of variety. The only downside is your insurance won't cover you like a traditional rental.
Thanks for the input. In researching Turo I also found Hui which provides a car on an on-demand as-needed basis. Between that and Uber we will be fine. Also found a reasonably priced condo down by Fort DeRussy. Now I just need to budget some time to get out for at least one dive. :)

Back
Top Bottom