looking for clean-up dive opportunities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bryyyzeee

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everybody! I am in the Central Florida area and am looking for any clean-up dive groups/volunteer programs/etc. to join up with to go out an help clean up our oceans, lakes, and springs! Is there anything like this around Florida that is an active group?

We did a river cleanup on the Sante Fe years ago. I’m not sure if they’re still doing it. Might check with the Springs Institute in High Springs.

I participated in this one a few years ago.

A fishing charter donated his services for divers to go out at no cost. We had a lot of fun pulling up trash, anchors, etc from the Pecks Lake (ocean side) area in Martin County. I'm definitely going to do it again next year.

Hello everybody! I am in the Central Florida area and am looking for any clean-up dive groups/volunteer programs/etc. to join up with to go out an help clean up our oceans, lakes, and springs! Is there anything like this around Florida that is an active group?
Just 90 minutes south of you on Sept 17th beginning at 8am, Pura Vida Divers is sponsoring the Blue Heron Bridge cleanup as part of the International Coastal Cleanup day. Lot of free stuff like professional yoga lesson on the beach, free cleanup teeshirt, free raffle tickets for Totes, decals, rental tickets and more. Plus free diving at 1:30. Just need to call them to sign up for saturday.
Post up your cleanup report here to let us know how you did !!
Link is here:

Bryyyzeee, did you ever hook up with any clean up dives? I live near Marineland FL - love diving but want my diving to have a little more work to it and less sightseeing.... Let me know - it would be good to set up some kind of announcement section on the Scubaboard just for when and where these clean ups were happening and details about them...

Hey everyone, I'm hosting an underwater cleanup on World Oceans Day (June 8th) and am looking for divers around the world to get involved. Please read the pdf attached and email me if you're interested!
Emma

Attachments

• 7 SEAS - Divers.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 84
Our shop is participating in a large beach dive cleanup on June 17th in Deerfield Beach. Message me for more details

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom