Looking for CHEAP small and medium fins for wife and daughter and a CHEAP mask.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan8

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We are going on a cruise and will have a day at the beach and I figured it would be nice if they had some gear to go out and play with.

Looking for fins for women's size 4-5 and 7-8. Can be open heel or full foot as they will barely be used either way... just some casual snorkeling.

Could use another mask as well.

If anyone can help me out that would be awesome!

Costco usually sells some snorkeling kits at like 40-60$ fins, mask and tuba.

Its not the best but for a short trip and casual snorkeling its good.
If you find people selling you fins at 10-20$ youll spend more on shipping than you would have buying these snorkeling kits.

or looks at online websites:
Nat Geo Tuna 44 Snorkel Set - Experience Series

Most sporting goods stores (the big ones like Dick's and Sports Authority) carry mask/fin/snorkel sets that will work fine for the occasional snorkeller - wife and I used them for years before getting certified and getting "proper" gear.

I have also seen them at boating stores- like West Marine

Also it is extremely likely that you can rent snorkel gear on location - especially if it's at one of the cruise lines' private islands.

I guess I just figure if I spend that much I probably can get some decent used gear that is of better quality than the cheap big box chinese stuff.

sorry - didn't realize when I responded that we were in the classifieds - didn't process you were actually looking for used gear.

good luck with your search

For the record, the sets at Dick's are made by Aqualung (or at least branded Aqualung) - they are likely made in china, but so were my not-cheap Aqualung boots.

logoEbay_x45.gif

is where I'd look. Mask/Snorkel sets are under $20. I used to buy Cressi Frogs in small sizes for a school group there, I never paid more than $15-20 pr. new - used was less but since they were given to the kids we didn't want them scuffed up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom