Looking for business partners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheDiveBus

Contributor
Reaction score
opposite Pierbaai Beach and Breezes\Sunscape Hotel
Hi folks,

As fellow dive operators on our favourite scuba forum, thought we'd post our news / questions here first to request your feedback, input, suggestions, whatever. I already checked out the following thread which was very interesting, but we think we're going to go the other route, ie. partnership, having spoken with several potential investors over the years with entirely different ideas of how to run a scuba business (e.g. you should just put lots more students in each class - sorry, what are PADI standards again? :wink: ): http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/business-business/250841-finding-investors.html

And this one:http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/mi...ing-partners-our-charter-boat-business-3.html

So - my husband and I set up our small PADI dive op almost 5 years ago from scratch. As you'll all appreciate, we've worked hard to establish a loyal and lovely client base and strong reputation, and we were lucky enough to land a perfect location right on the beach entry for 2 of Curacao's top (shore) dive sites.

We face the usual challenges of all small business owners, namely availability of both time and money in order to take our business to the next level of development, rather than just keep it running as is.

Rather than look for an investor who would 'just' provide money, we're seriously considering selling a % of the business to the right dive professional / DP couple who will have a vested interest in working together with us to grow the business, i.e. providing both time and money.

Clearly, finding partners with the same attitude and outlook, but ideally differing strengths, is critical and undoubtedly where most partnerships fall down - or never even get off the ground.

So our questions to you are:
- any comments / thoughts / things to consider that we may have overlooked?
- the same on where to post / advertise this opportunity to serious enquiries, not time wasters or people looking to pick our brains in order to set up their own dive op (happened to friends of ours)
- anything else we should know!

Many thanks in advance, any input much appreciated.

All best!
Suzy

The Dive Bus - HOME

Do you currently have a boat to take divers on? Or are you doing mostly shore dives?
The idea sounds interesting since we have a 5 star PADI IDC in Chicago with a nice web presence.
Does your shop have a partnership with any hotels? If we ran trips from Chicago to Curacao would our divers have a place to sleep?

Also how many IDC's are in the area?

But my question to you is if you had $150,000 from a partner why do you think that you will become more profitable?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom