Looking for Belize package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 for Tranquility Bay resort. Before we decided to go whalesharking in Placencia - it was #1 on our list.

i would like to go to Belize to dive and im wondering if there are any good package deals anyone knows about.

Does not need to be 5 star hotel, we want 5 star diving.

please recommend reefs and location to dive there too

Do you fly to San Pedro or Belize City? Im lost

thanks
Hey, I'm in Ft . Lauderdale too and my dive buddy traveling with me to Belize next week had a medical emergency today. We've had this trip planned for awhile and it's a great deal..I am going solo if no one else jumps onbord. Here's the deal:
2 bed condo on the ocean with dive shop 2 blocks away
7 nights ..$769 split between 2 or 4 pp. max. includes , 2 pools , massages etc...right on the beach
We fly into Belice City 8/23...ferry to Ambergris Caye on the Barrier Reef...return 8/30..I know this is last minute but I'm going to post it here in the event there are some divers able to do last minute. contact me if you are interested. I'm in Victoria Park/ Las Olas area. 727-822-8339 Marcie

i would like to go to Belize to dive and im wondering if there are any good package deals anyone knows about.

Does not need to be 5 star hotel, we want 5 star diving.

please recommend reefs and location to dive there too

Do you fly to San Pedro or Belize City? Im lost

thanks

And for something different Reefci.

I hope you find someone, that is unfortunate Marcie ) ;

---------- Post Merged at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Im trying to guesstimate the cost of a trip with diving in Belize for 5 nights

Flight- about 750 each from miami = 1500.00
Hotel- about 600 each if staying at tranquility bay= 1200.00
Flight from belize to san pedro- 135 each or water taxi about 20 each= 270 or 40.00
Food and drinks about 80 per day- 500.00
Diving for 3 days. Lets say 4 trips at 75 each. 300 per person = 600.00
About 3300.00 without diving. 3900.00 with diving

Does this sound about right?

I don't know what the big costs are, but if you've researched them then they're probably about right. I don't know what TBR charge for diving - you'll have to ask them. That price is about right for independent dive operators. I think you'd live quite well on US$80 per day. But overall I should think you're in the right ballpark.

---------- Post Merged at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:54 PM ----------

To give a reference point, Pedro's Hotel in San Pedro (I'm currently using their internet in their A/C bar) offers a package for US$740 pp based on two sharing. It gives 7 nights hotel accommodation, 3 days of local day diving (2 dives per day), one night dive, and one whole day trip to Lighthouse Atoll to dive the Blue Hole plus two reef wall dives. I don't recommend the BH trip for you as you're such new divers, but this gives an idea of what's available. Pedro's is very popular, but several rungs below TBR.

Thanks for that information. From what I understand, TBR is just north of San Pedro. What do you mean by several rungs below TBR?

Only problem I have with TBR is that its a bit away from everything. But I guess that would mean better reefs if there is less traffic?

Contact mitch at big kahuna scuba. He has a condo down there and knows the island. Helps he is also an agent of tropicair.
Mitch@bigkahunascuba.com

Sent from my MB860 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

TBR is more like 15 miles north of San Pedro, a 45 minute boat ride. But accessibility to/from town is good.

By "several rungs" I meant in terms of perceived quality & price. Not that I'm knocking Pedro's - it's pitched at a different price point. But if TBR is in your price range - it's not super-expensive - it's a superb place to stay, and the diving will be distinctly better (more varied and with more life - animal that is, not human).

Hi Biggar,

We book Ramon's Village, Hamanasi, and Turneffe. These are the best Belize has to offer. Ramon's Village has been around a long time and does offer packages. I'd have to check to see what they might have for your travel dates but they do run some seasonal specials. Info on our website at Belize Vacation Packages and Scuba Diving - Caribbean Vacation Packages and Scuba Diving Specials

Send me an email message if you would like details and availability.

Cheers, Greg

---------- Post Merged on August 17th, 2012 at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous Post was on August 16th, 2012 at 07:16 PM ----------

There is a package at Ramon's that is all-inclusive (breakfast & dinner included) package available with 6 days of 2-tank boat dives starting at about $1200 per person with quite a variety of room upgrades. Great resort.

Ramon's dive centre is good and well-regarded, though often quite costly. Opinions differ about the resort itself, and particularly the quality of the food. If logistics work out my preference would greatly be for TBR.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom