Looking for another 7mm suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got my first wetsuit, an old COMP 7mm Farmer John 2 piece. It's OK but just a bit bulky. It was given to me by a dive buddy for $50. I'd like to get something new this summer. I was looking at a Bare suit with attached hood.Bare 7MM Alpine Hooded Full Mens, Black/Steel from LeisurePro.com
Any opinions on this type of wetsuit?
Thanks, Steve
Leisure pro had a very good deal ($169) on the Bare 7mm hooded wetsuit 3 weeks back. It was not advertised on the webpage but was offered by one of the sales rep (Yankee) on the phone.

I really like my Bare Arctic, although now I have a dry suit I doubt I'll be wearing it with the hooded vest much :D It was the only one that really fit me between numerous brands I tried. Be aware it has a significant buoyancy change and compresses a lot at depth. If you are looking at a "10 year" wet suit, rather than a 1 year stop gap until getting a dry suit like I was, then I recommend a custom suit - it will fit better, last longer, be warmer and, if you get the right material (rubertex) compress less at depth. I like my daughters Wet Wear one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom